Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Calm computer games?

[Aj...]

I’ve never really played computer games.

I had a go at Simms a few years ago but I couldn’t. Keep my Simm in work or affording a house which was all a bit too much like my actual life of long-term illness...

Anyway, since I can no longer dog even the things I could do this time last year I am looking for things to occupy my time.

I am trying to find a game I can play on my iPad that won’t ramp up my symptoms.

I had a go at a brain training thing but because it was timed it was too frenetic.

Anyone got any suggestions for really chilled games?

• 2 weeks later...
If you enjoy the idea of creating a world, you might like one of the licensed world building games, like The Simpsons: Tapped Out. You don't have to maintain too much - you can abandon it for months and come back fresh, and your characters won't hate you for it.

• 1 month later...
Civilization VI.  I LOVE this game.  It can take a little while to learn how to play, but it is SOOO soothing and distracting.  You will find yourself just losing hours without thinking about your body or your pain.  I really love this game. 

Thank you.

I think my ex used to play Ciilisation on his PC in the mid/late 90s. You could chose whether to have random disasters. I used to switch it to ‘yes’ when he wasn’t around....

He also used to play Theme a Hospital and Worms both of which were really silly.

I couldn’t play them at all because of ME/CFS vertigo.

I don’t know if my brain can cope with them now on the tablet but will have a go hand see.

A lot of times when I’m freaking out and need a distraction I love to play Alto’s Odyssey. I find it to be really calming. It’s an IOS game. Check it out.  Most games are way too stimulating for me to play, especially console type games, Xbox and such..