Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What to watch on Netflix?

[ma...]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [ma...]

• [or...]

• [Th...]

Unfortunately, many of the movies and series suggested here are not available on netflix where I live :( So, I'm thinking of getting a VPN service to be able to get access to the US or UK provider. Has anyone tried it? How did it go?

I know a pilot with a Netflix/USA account who uses VPN to access series wherever he flies. I don’t think it’s sketchy because it’s his account, it just changes the line-up. Netflix doesn’t block him from using the VPN to get European stuff in America either.

Thank you for replying, Leslie. Yes, I think I'm gonna try it. It'll be great if we can change the location because I like cinema from many countries, Nordic, Italian, French, Spanish, American, Eastern European, Turkish, etc. What I don't like are Hollywood-like movies and we get a lot of that here :( How is Netflix USA in terms of variety?

[54...]

It’s OK, but not great — there are some European films I’d like to have access to. I’m particularly fond of Danish movies, probably because of my own Scandinavia roots. :)

Edit: here’s a note about Netflix and VPN, from a PC Mag review:

“NordVPN and Netflix

I am pleasantly surprised that NordVPN did not interfere with Netflix at all in my testing. That's great, because Netflix blocks VPNs aggressively.

That said, other companies offer specialized servers just for streaming video services. Previous versions of NordVPN highlighted special streaming servers, and I wish they'd do that again.

Note that while Netflix does not explicitly prohibit the use of VPNs, section 6c of its terms of use does mention the use of technology to confirm your location. This document also doesn't guarantee access to content outside of the country where you created your account. Using a VPN might not breach this agreement, but it's clear that Netflix takes a dim view on the technology.”

I used to use a VPN for netflix in Canada, and they recently made it impossible.  I think it was a year or two ago, and I can't remember if it was Netflix or Canada who made it hard but it didn't work anymore and you couldn't access it with a VPN.  I heard there were workarounds, but I never got any of them working.

I'm watching 'Lost Girl' on Netflix and loving it! 5 seasons  :D

My husband loved that or her boobs, not sure which he liked most :laugh:

I’m particularly fond of Danish movies, probably because of my own Scandinavia roots. :)

Leslie, thanks again. I also LOVE Danish cinema. The Bridge, I'm talking about the original Swedish/Danish series which is called Bron/Broen, is one of the best series I've ever watched. Dark but fabulous!

[54...]

I’m particularly fond of Danish movies, probably because of my own Scandinavia roots. :)

Leslie, thanks again. I also LOVE Danish cinema. The Bridge, I'm talking about the original Swedish/Danish series which is called Bron/Broen, is one of the best series I've ever watched. Dark but fabulous!

I loved Bron/Broen!  :)