Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What to watch on Netflix?

[ma...]

I'm looking for something good to watch on netflix and came across with new Belgian series Tabula Rasa. Has anybody watched it? I like intense thrillers and mystery stories but I don't like neither horror nor supernatural stuff. What do you think? Should I try Tabula Rasa?

Thank you :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [ma...]

• [or...]

• [Th...]

Binge watching "The Office" helped me through a good bit of the accute phase of withdrawal. The Crown is also good. For those who have access to HBO, do yourself a huge favor and watch season 1 of "True Detective".

If you like detective series then "Killing" in netflix is quite good.

Yes, I've seen it and it was great. Yesterday, I decided to start Tabula Rasa and it's also very good. No supernatural until now :)

Binge watching "The Office" helped me through a good bit of the accute phase of withdrawal. The Crown is also good. For those who have access to HBO, do yourself a huge favor and watch season 1 of "True Detective".

I'm still too sensitive to watch office related things as I left my 9-5 job recently :) But True Detective seems promising. I don't subscribe to HBO but I'll investigate how to do it, thank you for the suggestion.

I'm still too sensitive to watch office related things as I left my 9-5 job recently :) But True Detective seems promising. I don't subscribe to HBO but I'll investigate how to do it, thank you for the suggestion.

Yeah, if nothing else watch a few of the trailers for it. It's dark, intriguing and very, very well written. The plot is so deep and the two main actors compliment each other very well. I personally think it's probably the best thing I've ever watched on TV.

Edit: Fixed quote box

I mostly like documentaries. The one on Adderall was really interesting.

I just finished watching it, thanks for the suggestion. I was quite interesting but also disappointing. I think that if I hadn't gone through our current dependence problems, I'd never understand the problems that Adderall can cause to people. They almost don't touch the issue of dependence, and withdrawal is not talked about at all. What happens if you stop taking Adderall suddenly, what kind of symptoms do people experience, what if they forget to take the med, what will happen if you take it for years in a row? This is all left unanswered. They only talk about the unpleasant sensation of not feeling totally like yourself when under the effect of the med. It seems like the second part of the story is missing!

I was very anxious and half feared I was having a heart attack and not just gas the other day, and watched the cooking show "Nailed It" and it was funny and kind of corny and I felt so much better after watching it.  The people are not excellent cooks which adds to the comedy.

Maybe not for all, but I found Mad Men.  Tuning out to be one of my all time favorites.  I am watching Parenthood.  I like it very much.  What jumps out at me in this is the drugging taken for granted on the show.  Being much wiser now, I see how programmed we are by the media and drug companies to accept drugs are the answer to everything.  I expect many of you feel as I.  I will never, never go on another drug.  For anything, and that includes chemo.  Too late wise perhaps.

Every one on twitter raving about new Netflix documentary Wild Wild Country .I want to watch but may avoid it .Let withdrawal get over

I liked almost all the ones mentioned but one you may not have given a chance is Pleaky Blinders, give it a couple episodes, it ended up being great.  Also I liked the 2nd series of True Detective best, yeah, yeah.... I know, most people liked the first.  ;D

I liked Mad Men quite a bit. I'm not quite up to watching crime/gore/detective shows yet, so watched all seasons of The West Wing (excellent!) and am now watching The Good Wife. So far TGW is proving very entertaining. Good acting. I tried watching The Crown and it was too slow for me.

Anyone watching West World (sp?).

What about the just past season of the new Star Trek. It was streaming on CBS but I can't figure out how to get it.  >:(

Thanks for the suggestions!

Katz

I liked Mad Men quite a bit. I'm not quite up to watching crime/gore/detective shows yet, so watched all seasons of The West Wing (excellent!) and am now watching The Good Wife. So far TGW is proving very entertaining. Good acting. I tried watching The Crown and it was too slow for me.

Anyone watching West World (sp?).

What about the just past season of the new Star Trek. It was streaming on CBS but I can't figure out how to get it.  >:(

Thanks for the suggestions!

Katz

I'm watching Good Wife too, still on season 1 :)

I just finished season 2 of Money Heist on Netflix. I watched season 1 and I was hooked. It's a show from Spain. Great for binge watching.

Becky  :smitten:

I must have sat all day and night watching The Good Wife. It's a great show but one should not miss and episode as it moves very fast. I watched them all. I wish there were more.

I must have sat all day and night watching The Good Wife. It's a great show but one should not miss and episode as it moves very fast. I watched them all. I wish there were more.

My amazon shows are all messed up today and aren't watchable, don't know why.  So I'm watching Frontier on Netflix.  So grateful for all these shows.  I have watch them and lurk on benzo buddies  :laugh:

There's a good comedy series about Moral Philosphy caloed 'The Good Place'

I thought '13 Reasons Why' was good but not the cheeriest of series.

For utter stupidity 'Twelve Monkey's' was good mindless fun in a 'so bad it's good' way.

If you want something serious there is a film about ME/CFS that I helped support via Kickstarter caloed 'Unrest' It may interest people how similar it can be to withdrawal.

• 2 weeks later...
It seems they put too much of their own content.  It's just turned into the Netflix network.  They used to have more good movies.

Maybe not for all, but I found Mad Men.  Tuning out to be one of my all time favorites.  I am watching Parenthood.  I like it very much.  What jumps out at me in this is the drugging taken for granted on the show.  Being much wiser now, I see how programmed we are by the media and drug companies to accept drugs are the answer to everything.  I expect many of you feel as I.  I will never, never go on another drug.  For anything, and that includes chemo.  Too late wise perhaps.

[/quote

I reallly enjoyed Mad Men :)