Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How do I find a benzo-wise doctor?!

[Be...]

How do I find a benzo-wise doctor/center in the UK or Germany?! Anyone (personally) knows of any?

My diabetic friend wants to get off benzos.

That's kind of difficult.  Do you know any doctors or know someone who knows one?  Psychiatrsts tend to have a better understanding. 

It's almost impossible to do so now because once the list of benzo-wise doctors gets released, the doctors get bombarded by too many phone calls and they cannot handle the amount of pressure.  Also, most of the phone calls don't come from decent folk here who were forced or coerced onto the medications and want to withdraw.  They lie to the benzo-wise doctor because they are "bored with life" and just feel like abusing benzos to get high, so then the doctors have to keep handing out drug tests and eventually it just gets to the point where the benzo-wise doctor wants to be removed from the list and then no longer deals with any benzo issues to restore the balance of their practice.

It's almost impossible to do so now because once the list of benzo-wise doctors gets released, the doctors get bombarded by too many phone calls and they cannot handle the amount of pressure.  Also, most of the phone calls don't come from decent folk here who were forced or coerced onto the medications and want to withdraw.  They lie to the benzo-wise doctor because they are "bored with life" and just feel like abusing benzos to get high, so then the doctors have to keep handing out drug tests and eventually it just gets to the point where the benzo-wise doctor wants to be removed from the list and then no longer deals with any benzo issues to restore the balance of their practice.

You are talking nonsense and your statement is unacceptable! So do you mean we leave benzo addict untreated for a mess that was created by doctors and the medical community in the first place, just because a small margin of patients are not "decent" or may behave so because of the mess this benzo poison got them into?!!!!!

In the end, doctors and the medical community have to take responsibility for the mess they helped create in the first place....

You are talking nonsense and your statement is unacceptable! So do you mean we leave benzo addict untreated for a mess that was created by doctors and the medical community in the first place, just because a small margin of patients are not "decent" or may behave so because of the mess this benzo poison got them into?!!!!!

In the end, doctors and the medical community have to take responsibility for the mess they helped create in the first place....

Don't shoot the messenger dude...geez....

I agree.  What they're so inflamed about?  Take away their benzo access and they cry like babies.  By the way, good to see you on the forums LifeInChaos, where have you been all this time?

I agree.  What they're so inflamed about?  Take away their benzo access and they cry like babies.  By the way, good to see you on the forums LifeInChaos, where have you been all this time?

I've been pretty good with just posting in my progress log for a long time.  I didn't really want to post much in the forums because I know I can be triggering to a lot of people based on just my medication history.  But now I'm at the point where I'm feeling unstable again and it just feels like I keep repeating the same withdrawal plan over and over with the same result of me ending up into inpatient.  So I'm really just looking for a better plan but I'm not sure if one exists...