Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

University during the withdrawal

[sa...]

Hi guys,I am looking for some advice because a few days after entering university I had panic and severe insomnia so I do not know if I should continue or postpone my studies ...

I had to cancel my registration after the first week. It was heartbreaking but I decided I cannot finish my degree until I'm better. The stress was insane. Just taking the train in the city and walking the campus was too challenging. The loud noises, robotic people walking past you, feeling like your in the Matrix...I had a panic attack in the shower or some kind of episode. I didn't panic but it felt like I was going to die from stress and I saw a white light in the shower...this was after smoking a cigarette though. I wasn't able to read and retain anything....even with the best nootropics money can buy. I was really smart too before benzos but never able to get through because of drugs. Suboxone took me out of school before benzos finished me off.

Im doing my phd  :laugh: :laugh:

Some months ago it was impossible to understand a scientific study

Today I dont have any problem  :thumbsup:

So you can go but dont get frustrated if you cant do the things. Take it as distraction

Im doing my phd  :laugh: :laugh:

Some months ago it was impossible to understand a scientific study

Today I dont have any problem  :thumbsup:

So you can go but dont get frustrated if you cant do the things. Take it as distraction

I agree, take it as distraction from your symptoms, it's a good thing.  You may not be up to par all the time, but you can probably manage.  Wishing you the best of luck!

Hi guys,I am looking for some advice because a few days after entering university I had panic and severe insomnia so I do not know if I should continue or postpone my studies ...

You will have to try it, go in with a positive attitude, use the work as a distraction and see how your body reacts. For me, and my mindset during withdrawal, it would have required me to use twice the amount of time it would normally have taken for me to finish a reading or scientific assignment. You could also always drop classes until you obtain a schedule and class load that is more manageable. Good luck.