Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Any Dutch people here?

[Va...]

Hello Dutchies,

Im curious how many Dutch people are active here.

In the Netherlands its like benzo wd doesnt exist. Antidepressant wd is known at least but its denied how serious the symtpms can get for some.

I know doctors are restricted in prescribing benzo's and thats probably why the problem is less in our country than in other countries. But still I know a lot people who are taking them but no one is getting off. They all take them cause they have a disease but they get worse and dont know or believe the benzo could cause part of their problems.

Ive started to write a book especially for our country and it would help to have a number of Dutch people seeking help on here BB.

Im looking for people both in benzo and antidepressant wd or other psych med.

If you read and know (other) Dutchies that come here it would be nice if you can share.

Thanks!

Im dutch, currently polydrugged to hell because benzo widrawal does not seems to exists in the books of medics.

Currently on mirtazapine and diazepam. I had mirtazapine before which was hell to get off. Currently have major tinnitus and other medication induced sounds from the head. Happy to answer any questions or provide help.

I am from Holland as well , Dordrecht.

I took 4 months of temazepam two years ago , and still my body is sick very morming and every two days I have a wave ,  they have become less, but it's very disturbing for life.

Docters in Holland also prescride these meds a lot ,  a friend of mine takes it for 21 years,  and lately it was on the news that many people take them for nothing.

My previous doctor did't know anything about benzo's