Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Any Gamer? (single/multiplayer)

[Co...]

Anyone?

I play single player now like adventure games with a storyline because they distract me a lot.

I used to play a lot League of Legends but in withdrawal I just can't it's too adrenalinic.

Last game I played and finished was Gabriel Knight:sins of the fathers 20th anniversary edition, good storyline and distracted me a lot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [ph...]

• [Ov...]

• [Mi...]

[39...]
I used to do RPG gaming (usually as a single).  Haven't tried a new game in a few years.  I think I'm going to give Skyrim a try soon.

I am playing so much Civilization VI.  I absolutely love it.  I have issues with a lot of games giving me motion sickness that I am pretty sure is from benzo withdrawal.  I can't even play Minecraft and when I played Portal, I got nauseous every level. 

I used to do RPG gaming (usually as a single).  Haven't tried a new game in a few years.  I think I'm going to give Skyrim a try soon.

If you're into RPGs, Skyrim's a good one  :thumbsup: I wish I had had a working computer to play it during my wd, woulda helped so much to take my mind of things. OP, Skyrim has a decent main storyline - plus tons of sub-storylines and off-shoot missions to get distracted with! - and typically isn't too intense, as combat is generally limited and often avoidable depending on your character (like you can often sneak past as opposed to directy confronting an enemy).

Right now really enjoying Warframe and Persona 5. Divinity 2 from time to time.

Never really got a hold of MOBAs, but did put a few years into World of Tanks/Warships.

Oh, and Fate/Grand Order

I too had the motion sickness in acute, I started playing again recently and prefer chill games for now...like I said I can't play League of Legends it's too frenetic for me right now, and to think that 6 months ago I could play a lot of matches daily, I guess it takes time :)

Now I'm playing "Prison Architect" where you have to build and manage a prison...I also like this genre a lot.

RPG is also another one of my favourite genre...when I feel like it I would like to finish Pillars Of Eternity (it's a Baldur's Gate kind of game).

I started Skyrim like 4 times but everytime I got "bored" at level 30 something, that game is too endless for me xD

I got myself Persona 5 as a Christmas gift! Still haven't played it, i was in acute during that time.

Also have to finish the 4 yet, had to stop for the motion sickness as I said before, you know the end of fighting with the shuffling cards? It was making me so sick xD

I got myself Persona 5 as a Christmas gift! Still haven't played it, i was in acute during that time.

Also have to finish the 4 yet, had to stop for the motion sickness as I said before, you know the end of fighting with the shuffling cards? It was making me so sick xD

I'm about that far in 4, and I too got myself 5 for xmass but was in Acute, managed to start playing it in January. Slow going.

It hits me pretty hard, given that it's nearly prescient in timeliness for a year after it was written.

I'm looking forward to Stellaris: Apocalypse, and I'm sad that I'll only have a good week with it before I'm back to work.

I really like classic RPGs, and thought Tides of Torment was better than Pillars. Though Pillars 2 comes out in April.

Bard's Tale four is coming out soon.

Looking forward to Battletech from Harebraned as well.

So, uh, guess I play lots of games.

I started Skyrim like 4 times but everytime I got "bored" at level 30 something, that game is too endless for me xD

Haha, this is right around the level I typically start a new character! Such bad adhd when it comes to rpgs, always want to try out different character builds.

U use Steam? I know they've got a bunch of more ambient, chill indie games. Haven't delved into em enough to recommend anything though, sorry.

I'm about that far in 4, and I too got myself 5 for xmass but was in Acute, managed to start playing it in January. Slow going.

It hits me pretty hard, given that it's nearly prescient in timeliness for a year after it was written.

I'm looking forward to Stellaris: Apocalypse, and I'm sad that I'll only have a good week with it before I'm back to work.

I really like classic RPGs, and thought Tides of Torment was better than Pillars. Though Pillars 2 comes out in April.

Bard's Tale four is coming out soon.

Looking forward to Battletech from Harebraned as well.

So, uh, guess I play lots of games.

I'll try a few that you mentioned :)

I too play a lot thank God that's what saves me most of the time because it keeps my mind occupied...I am a big Tv Shows watcher also but it seems I can't focus right now i need to actively do something.

Haha, this is right around the level I typically start a new character! Such bad adhd when it comes to rpgs, always want to try out different character builds.

U use Steam? I know they've got a bunch of more ambient, chill indie games. Haven't delved into em enough to recommend anything though, sorry.

I too have that perfectionist thing with Skyrim, when I'm not happy with my character I just start all over, that's why I never finished it  :laugh:

I prefer GOG because I love retro-Gaming it has a lot of the classics graphic adventures...I find those the most chill...plus they sometimes gift me a game, they recently gifted me Grim Fandango, one of my favourite games from when I was little :D

Great thread Corwell......got some great suggestions to try. Im a Starcraft 2 guy personally. But like you said the decent games sort of became a bit much in acute. Too much focus and attention required. So i started playing old games which were simpler and more 'story/imagination' focused. Heroes 3 was an awesome trip down memory lane and its awesome for burning up the time when you just can do anything but pass the time.  :)

I like Heroes 3 too :) I'm finishing Prison Architect, meaning my prison has everything now so I think i will get bored in a bit.

Next I think I'm going to try Stardew Valley (same genre as Harvest moon)...wanted to play "Life is strange: before the storm" for some time, but it would require too much of my attention :/

I like Heroes 3 too :) I'm finishing Prison Architect, meaning my prison has everything now so I think i will get bored in a bit.

Next I think I'm going to try Stardew Valley (same genre as Harvest moon)...wanted to play "Life is strange: before the storm" for some time, but it would require too much of my attention :/

lol cool, thought i was the only one who like that game. Yeah its sad when the games half-life sort of runs its course for you. Im looking for a new game myself. I realized I like building things too. I was going to try and get sim city 2000 going again. Its hit and miss with some of these older games.  I liked them when I was a young kid so not sure how well they age. You know all these indie games ive never heard of. its great! :thumbsup:

Playing the Witcher 3. Really good game, one of the best RPG i played in terms of storylines. Even the sidequests are unique and don't feel tepetative. Unfortantly my videocard died a few weeks ago. And there is some shortage because everybody these days like to mine for bitcoins so i have to wait a abit :()

I only finished the Witcher 1 nice game!....The witcher 2 lagged on my old pc so I never finished it, I should finish it now that I have new pc and a ps4 :)

And then of course play the third.

Already logged 100 hours into witcher 3. Not even halfway and there still dlcs. Cheap aswell i think the goty version is like 20 euro on steam now

Wow I've been waiting for it, how is it? :D

It's good. I like it. I'm rather new to gaming and the PlayStation platform. I was given one for Christmas and my son immediately took it over to play Lego games. I've played this, Wolfenstein II The new Colossus, and started COD WW2.  I'd kill for a good flying attacking / shooting game, but can't seem to find any. Any suggestions?

Shooting games aren't really my forte...Only ones that I've played are Mass Effect, Fallout 3-4 and Far Cry 3  ;D

All of the ones I've mentioned aren't pure shooting games

Shooting games aren't really my forte...Only ones that I've played are Mass Effect, Fallout 3-4 and Far Cry 3  ;D

All of the ones I've mentioned aren't pure shooting games

Frankly, they aren't my forte either. The games I listed were ones that have been given to me or I rented from a Redbox on an impulse. I downloaded "Little Big World" and stop playing it because it's so frustrating. I just now had to walk away from Shadow of the Colossus because I'd get so close to the end of one level and then have to start over. Ugh.

I mostly play single player games now. I use to play a lot of multiplayer, but I don’t know if it’s because I’m older or if other people have just become bigger assholes? I just can’t stand the 12 year griefers all over the place anymore.

I tried getting into Witcher 1 & 2 it just never clicked with me. I know people love that game though. Mostly play the Fallout games. Far Cry 3 was one of my favorites. The Hitman series is awesome. It’s very much a mix goal oriented puzzles and FPS.