Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Let's have a laugh about it/Most absurd disease you were convinced you had

[Co...]

I'll start:

-Super convinced I had appendicitis...it was pre-menstrual pain  :laugh:

-Convinced I had Thrombosis in the leg (and went to have my legs checked) because I got up from the bed fast and my veins swelled

Liver failure.  I was convinced my liver had failed or was failing and that I had symptoms for years but only just all a sudden noticed it.  It was when I thought about telling my husband about it, and I imagined his reaction, that I realized it was all anxiety again. 

Ok this is embarassing  :-[: I changed my diet because of GERD and ate a lot of fibers (never ate them so much) when I saw stuff in my stool (that now I know it's normal with a lot of fibers intake) I thought for sure I had parasites. And checked for them for days  :laugh:

[1a...]
I was absolutely certain that I had gallbladder disease.  I went through months of excruciating pain and was set up to have all kinds of testing done.  I finally realized the pain was a side effect from a supplement called inositol....I stopped taking it and the pain was gone!

Thought I had some kind of Thyroid overgrowth where it grows under your sternum (super rare!)...and that's why I had pressure in chest and pain (turned out to be GERD)

When I was obsessively using Dr. Google I thought I had just about any and every disease and condition.  :-X

After a myriad of tests, all with normal results, I 'banned' myself from using Dr. Google and I got better right away.  ::)

Thought I had MS, endometriosis, Fibromyalgia, Celiac's, Hashimoto's....etc. etc.

Many doctors, tests, and much $$ later, I don't have any of that, and was the one who figured out it was the benzos that were messing me up in the end  >:(

Sorry about Hashimoto's, It's one of the things that i thought I may have had, just tested my thyroid because I had/have a very swollen neck in the front and was sure it was the thyroid...turns out it's muscles strained and swollen by tmj...or at least I think, some days it's normal and some days it's swollen. I had a neck ultrasound, blood test and a ENT watch inside my throat, found nothing...very strange disfuncion TMJ :/

I see that my main health anxiety has not been mentioned, so I DEFINITELY MUST HAVE IT!  :laugh:

Pancreatic cancer. 

Pain under left rib cage led me to this false belief, and nowhere did I find Benzo WD as being possible cause.  I have since learned otherwise. 

Dee

I have it too lol how do you think t's connected to withdrawal? I think mine might be related to GERD but again my Gerd came suddenly in withdrawal  :sick:

In the beginning...

I had major heath related fears.

Brain Tumor (thanks to my doc) Diabetes, MS, Colon Cancer.

I now know...it was all related to the benzo  :o

I have hashimotos and I believe it it benzo related. My endo agreed. There was this one point in my life I felt I had pancreatic cancer. I began to believe this after the dude from Little House on the Prarie died.

I have hashimotos and I believe it it benzo related. My endo agreed. There was this one point in my life I felt I had pancreatic cancer. I began to believe this after the dude from Little House on the Prarie died.

How is benzo related to Hashimoto's? You think it messes up with the endocrine system?  :sick:

My thyroid was messed up for one blood test and they put me on sythroid for six months and did another blood test and declared me cured.  Weird, right?  I don't know why I was able to heal but every other story I hear about thyroids is people on the stuff for life.  Maybe it's cause it is the Candian health care system?

Wow wierd...I heard too that it's a life thing, maybe you had a temporary inflammation or something triggered by some foods (salt, sea food etc)

How is benzo related to Hashimoto's? You think it messes up with the endocrine system?  :sick:

Some doctors are convinced it is. I know there is no history of it in my family and it didn't happen until I was already dependent on a large dose. My smart endo said she has seen this before.

Hey Corwell, just got back.

The pain under my left rib cage started in WD so I'm relying on that to disprove pancreatic cancer.  Don't burst my bubble, or is that an aneurysm! :D