Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Withdrawal cause heart problems?

[he...]

I notice this post was originally made in 2018.

I experienced the same exact thing right after I came off of Valium as the original buddie posted.

I’ve met one other person who also had EF of 35% after coming off of a benzo. Neither of us had any underlying heart conditions beforehand. Then a year later it was at 55%.

So as it can scare people, it indeed can and has happened.

Sorry that happened to you Better. Could be coincidental that wd caused you to get medical help and that this was found. If wd did cause this, it’s NOT common.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if my post was considered scare mongering. That was not my intention. I truly did not know what caused my condition of low cardiac output and I was going through withdrawal at the same time so it was just an honest question to see if anyone else experienced that. I still don't have any idea what caused that to happen and I have not ever had any other heart problems other than the occasional palpitations. I am happy to report that I am doing MUCH better now and am off of all heart medication. I don't take any beta blockers or BP medication and my latest echocardiogram from a few months ago has revealed that my cardiac output has improved to within normal range  :) The heart doctor told me low cardiac function can happen for a variety of reasons and having a viral infection could have been one. Again sorry if I scared others, I was scared too. As a previous commenter pointed out, if this does happen from withdrawal it would be very rare and not common.

Best wishes to everyone,

Henny

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Vo...]
    • [...]
    • [Re...]
    • [El...]
    • [...]
    • [an...]
    • [hu...]
    • [Em...]
    • [El...]