Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The weather thread, how is the weather where you are?

[63...]

Sigma, you are like me! I hate the heat, and I am a lean guy.  It got worse in '08 when I first noticed my physical addiction to klonopin.  It seems like after that point I couldn't tolerate excessive heat like I used to.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Mi...]

• [ar...]

• [jr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

102 is definitely a bit too warm for me Leena!

I'm heading out to Colorado again in July.  Not sure what the Summers are like out there...the Winters are definitely cold though! :)

Here in Cooktown it was a 52 degrees at 6am & 75 degrees at 2pm. It's winter her & it's windy! Cooktown

is blown by the trade winds as we found out when we climbed the Mt. Cook summit trail,( a difficult trail 4 and a half hours return for me) yesterday, & at the lookout were blown about by the trades as we looked at the spectacular view :thumbsup: over the Coral sea & reefs, much as Captain Cook would have viewed it 200+ years ago.

It's been steaming hot here the past couple of days (I think some records were broken).

Mid to upper 90s and humid  :sick: 

[8f...]

cwj,

You're not kidding. It has been hot here as well.

Humid and sticky.

92°F | 71°F Hopefully it cools down some.

*sings* It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes!

No kidding, the heat has been unbearable.  I got in my car and thought I was going to suffocate.  Rolled down the windows but the air outside wasn't much better.  Heat plus humidity = 1 miserable Crono.  :sick:

Here at beautiful Mission Beach, it's hot during the day & cool to cold at night - temperature drops a lot. Unfortunately trees along the beach were mangled by winds from Cyclone Yasi, & rainforest damaged :(, but still a beautiful place with Dunk Island off shore, where the resort is still closed.

More rain in the Bay Area... wish we could send it where it's needed into the southwest and Texas, since we're out of our drought mode.

Hope you're all having some cooler, gentler weather... Peace~

It wasn't that cool Sigma!  Better than the extreme heat we had for a couple days.  I enjoyed the thunderstorms we had, although all this rain is really making the vegetation grow out of control.

It's been hot and humid for days here.  It's starting to singe my tomato plants.  :P  I like the heat, but combined with the humidity it's too much.  Staying inside in the air conditioning.

Tamzo

Me, too, Tamzo.  We've bumping up against 100 for more than a week now.  I cringe when I think of July and August yet to come!

Me, too, Tamzo.  We've bumping up against 100 for more than a week now.  I cringe when I think of July and August yet to come!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/CommentCrazyGirl/Smileys%20Emotions/Agree%20Disagree/ditto.gif

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/schmelz.gif

Early June Record Heat Persists

by Chris Dolce, Meteorologist

Updated: June 6, 2011 3:30 pm ET  It just does not let up. The record heat that has dominated portions of the Midwest and South has been unrelenting and is now spreading to the Northeast. The Weather Channel is forecasting several additional days of record heat for the upcoming week.

Over two dozen record highs were set on Sunday, June 5. This includes an all-time June record of 105 degrees in Houston, Texas!

Some other cities setting records on Sunday include: Waco, Texas (101), Colorado Springs, Colo. (92), Nashville, Tenn. (97), Baton Rouge, La. (99), Hattiesburg, Miss. (102) and Ft. Smith, Ark. (98).

From Leena in Austin:  I went out for a walk this morning about 9:00 am, and was shocked at only being able to last for 35 minutes!  It feels like a furnace here, with the weather right now at 101! :sick:

Cloud cover kept the temp down to about 84 degrees today (definitely humid though).

Forecasters say 98+ degrees tomorrow and Thursday. 

My cats are likely very excited about that :)