Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The weather thread, how is the weather where you are?

[5a...]

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Mi...]

• [ar...]

• [jr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 41 F/5 C here too, and supposed to be a chance of rain and/or snow.  There is a bit of bite in the air that makes it seem colder, though.  Will get colder tonight--(20's to 30's F, I guess that's -7 to a bit above 0 C).  I just got snow tires put on my car, so I'm ready for it.  Need to put them on my bicycle, too. 

Hello

Sunny here in Portland but I am no Fool.

Storm Warning & Small Craft Advisory (Tin River Boat is 19ft) for Pacific Ocean off Oregon Coast.

Currently the Swells are 20ft plus and 11 seconds apart, wind gusts up to 40 knots.

The Kettle Crew threatened Mutiny during a previous Fishing Adventure at sea during a storm.

Just because we took a wave over the Bow which drenched the Crew and filled the boat with a little water every one threw a big Hissy.

Kettle Vessel will be in Port this weekend.

I would rather be fishing but it looks like Mrs. Kettle will have me cleaning my room.

Teakettle

Hello

Sunny here in Portland but I am no Fool.

Storm Warning & Small Craft Advisory (Tin River Boat is 19ft) for Pacific Ocean off Oregon Coast.

Currently the Swells are 20ft plus and 11 seconds apart, wind gusts up to 40 knots.

The Kettle Crew threatened Mutiny during a previous Fishing Adventure at sea during a storm.

Just because we took a wave over the Bow which drenched the Crew and filled the boat with a little water every one threw a big Hissy.

Kettle Vessel will be in Port this weekend.

I would rather be fishing but it looks like Mrs. Kettle will have me cleaning my room.

Teakettle

People pay big money in amusement parks on the log flume to get this kind of thrill!  :laugh:

I'll start-

Right Now it is 5oC and light snow in my area.

Keryn.

I want to be where you are!

We're having 40 degree nights with 75 degree days.  Put coat on, take coat off, put coat on, take coat off.... ;)

[5a...]

I'll start-

Right Now it is 5oC and light snow in my area.

Keryn.

I want to be where you are!

We're having 40 degree nights with 75 degree days.  Put coat on, take coat off, put coat on, take coat off.... ;)

It didn't snow much at all, just peppered.

I assume we will have a bad winter this time, if the pattern is cycled correctly, some parts of the world have been too lucky the past several winters, time for an Icy winter ;)

It's 42 here and the sun set about an hour ago. It was also very windy today.  I've had to put the heat on the past 3 weeks.  Too cold already, uhg!

Sara

The five day forecast here in Austin is highs in the upper 80's...and lows in the upper 60's.  And it is very muggy.  I will trade places with any of you!  I would love to experience a real autumn and a real winter!

~Leena :smitten:

Today - high in the 60s, low in the mid 50s. Rain and wind tonight! I like storms, as long as no one gets hurts!

This will be our first real big rain. It's been so dry and sunny. When we went to the pumpkin patch the other day I wore flip flops - it wasn't right!! We are supposed to get all muddy there! Glad to see some rain, finally!

I am going to follow Dawg. We both live in Seattle. The Rain Festival has started. We are really getting a big festival of rain at the moment.

Summer

I am going to follow Dawg. We both live in Seattle. The Rain Festival has started. We are really getting a big festival of rain at the moment.

Summer

I had no idea you lived in Seattle!!!  :yippee:

Did you lose power last night (or this morning)? We did around 6am or so. Stayed out for a couple hours. Woke me up and I couldn't fall back asleep! Grrrr!  :tickedoff:

I had no idea you lived in Seattle!!!  :yippee:

Did you lose power last night (or this morning)? We did around 6am or so. Stayed out for a couple hours. Woke me up and I couldn't fall back asleep! Grrrr!  :tickedoff:

Hello Dawg,

Yes I live in Seattle. What a wonderful time of year celebrating the Rain Festival. No my lights did not go out. I am so sorry to hear yours did. I do not like things that wake me up and make it hard to fall back to sleep. I hope you can make up for your sleep tonight.

Summer

I had no idea you lived in Seattle!!!  :yippee:

Did you lose power last night (or this morning)? We did around 6am or so. Stayed out for a couple hours. Woke me up and I couldn't fall back asleep! Grrrr!  :tickedoff:

Hello Dawg,

Yes I live in Seattle. What a wonderful time of year celebrating the Rain Festival. No my lights did not go out. I am so sorry to hear yours did. I do not like things that wake me up and make it hard to fall back to sleep. I hope you can make up for your sleep tonight.

Summer

It's really windy tonight! I was out for my walk tonight and it was a little scary! I hope the power doesn't go out again. We have a built in generator that goes on automatically when the power goes out, so that's what woke me up this morning. It's a little loud when it's starting up! But I'm thankful for it!! So I guess I won't complain  :)

Dawg and Summer - what exactly is the Rain Festival?

Haha I don't know! I think she just means all the rain we will have from now until May!  :yippee:

Very windy today! I love watching the fall leaves blow all over.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6560812/2/istockphoto_6560812-fall-leaves-blowing.jpg

:(  I wish we had fall leaves!  Still quite balmy in Austin, but I think a cold front is coming through on Thursday, taking our high down to 76 and our low down to 50!

~Leena

68oF windy and a typical October night.

That seems warm! As you just had snow falling. LOL

Rainy and dark all day here today. I kind of like it :) High was 50oF and lows in the mid 40s tonight with rain. Should be fun for my walk! Not!  :pokey:

The sad thing is that it has rained so much my GFCI tripped and turned off all my Halloween lights, so my house isn't lit up and it's almost Halloween! Grrrr!