Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Charles Manson finally dies.

[be...]

Manson has had a long and wide history here in the US. I think everyone was horrified by what he and his family had done. Sharon Tate was an actress. The Folgers made that coffee. What they did was horrible, and still remains in the minds of American just like when JFK got shot. I was too young at the time but read a lot about it.

• 2 weeks later...
I listened to a radio interview with Diane Lane, one of "Charlie's girls," as she called herself.  The first night she arrived at their camp commune at the age of 16, she said Charlie had sex with her.  I think he was in his late 30's.  She said she wanted to be the only girl for him, but that's not how it worked out for her.  She said he had alot of charisma and everyone did listen to him as a cult leader. 

I listened to a radio interview with Diane Lane, one of "Charlie's girls," as she called herself.  The first night she arrived at their camp commune at the age of 16, she said Charlie had sex with her.  I think he was in his late 30's.  She said she wanted to be the only girl for, but that's not how it worked out for her.  She said he had alot of charisma and everyone did listen to him as a cult leader.

What in the world did they see in him?

He was nasty looking, I thought

Just a con artist.

Psychopaths can be very charming and nice in person and then turn on you.  I dated a delusional schizophrenic homicidal psychopath once who could be super nice and then be very abusive.  He was charming when I met him and then when I got to know him, his sick mean side came out.  I'm lucky he never hit me.  His mom called me once and told me to watch out for him.  She knew what he was capable of.  She also emotionally abused him.  Manson was neglected by his mother Maddox and not taken care of emotionally as a child.   

I think he encouraged heavy drug abuse and had sex a lot with the young women. They joined his family I think because they had no support system thus Charlie was their support system. He must have had some sort of bented charisma. Plus it was the '60s so anything went in those days. I still cannot listen to Helter Skelter w/o shuddering.