Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Charles Manson finally dies.

[be...]

He died of natural causes and probably was in no pain.  Life's not fair.  Those of us who try to do good on this earth and be honest and not hurt others, suffer. 

Yep. I heard he was the rule of the roost there. Well, at least he's gone and no longer a burden on tax payers. I do wonder who claimed his body?

[5c...]

What's wrong with you people?

First the title.

I can understand "Murderer finally gets caught".

I can also understand not giving a crap about someone's death.

But celebrating someone's death is unacceptable.

At least he's gone and no longer a burden on tax payers.

Every prisoner is a burden on tax payers. Should we execute them?

He died of natural causes and probably was in no pain. Life's not fair.

Those of us who try to do good on this earth and be honest and not hurt others, suffer.

So you think it would have been fair for him to have been in pain.

Assuming you're not a saint, shouldn't you be in some kind of pain according to your logic?

Also, there's no law in physics that says the universe must be fair.

He got better treatment and quality of life in jail than some of us get on the outside.

All you have to do is commit a crime and you'd get to experience the 'comforts' of prison.

I think the replies were aimed at this particular piece of human waste and not everyone who is in prison, although sentenced to death he did escape it by being in the right place at the right time when it was temporarily abolished.

Sorry but I am unable to see the good in some one like Manson or to forgive.

2trusting

I think the replies were aimed at this particular piece of human waste and not everyone who is in prison, although sentenced to death he did escape it by being in the right place at the right time when it was temporarily abolished.

2trusting

Maybe ppl should read up on the victims he had executed

It was brutal

He never once showed remorse.

Never

2trusting

Exactly!

Mansons can be prevented.  Due to a profoundly miserable childhood and adolescence, he had insecure attachment disorder.  So did Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Albert DeSalvo (BostonStrangler).  People like them aren't created from thin air.  And you don't have to see good or forgive them. 

Around the same time as the Tate/Labianca murders, Lt.Calley had 109 innocent Vietnamese elderly, women and children murdered.  He did not have attachment disorder as far as I know.  He had house arrest.  Yeah - I resent my taxes contributing to keeping lifers alive in prison but I also resent subsidizing war crimes. W

Mansons can be prevented.  Due to a profoundly miserable childhood and adolescence, he had insecure attachment disorder.  So did Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Albert DeSalvo (BostonStrangler).  People like them aren't created from thin air.  And you don't have to see good or forgive them. 

Around the same time as the Tate/Labianca murders, Lt.Calley had 109 innocent Vietnamese elderly, women and children murdered.  He did not have attachment disorder as far as I know.  He had house arrest.  Yeah - I resent my taxes contributing to keeping lifers alive in prison but I also resent subsidizing war crimes. W

Well said WBB. I could not agree with you more. :thumbsup: I do not think he was the kind of person one would ask for dinner. Neither are the others you mentioned. And Jeffrey Dahmer was from a neighboring town here, where he buried his first victim. He did not eat that one.

Charles Manson had charisma just like Ted Bundy did and knew how to charm the ladies.  I probably would have invited them both home for dinner if they were in their charming role.  That's a scary thought.  I've always seen people through rose-colored glasses and always thought all people were basically nice.  I was always so naive.  I heard on a show once that Jeffrey Dahmer killed John Walsh's son, Adam, since he lived near them.  Walsh still thinks it was Otis O'toole.  I can't look at a big blue barrel anymore without thinking of Jeffrey Dahmer.  I remember those news segments when they cleaned out his home. 

Ugh. I recall those scenes as well. I think the worst I ever heard was this nut job from Cleveland who held three woman captive for something like 15 years? It was strange also because a nabe of mine was a Cleveland Homicide detective and she knocked on his door before he was caught. She and her partner thought he was acting really strangely and anxious but they assume he had drugs in the house. They were not looking for drugs so they left. Quite a surprise to the entire department when he was finally caught.

How can there be such evil people in this world?

I don't know. My religious mom would say free will. I do not agree with that. And those three girls will never be normal again. I think one had two babies after he repeatedly raped her when she was clearly under age. :brickwall: :brickwall:

Sociopaths.............No conscious. They can never get better, no matter what. To them killing is nothing more than eating a piece of pie.

Charles Manson manipulated young ppl

It was easy w the right ones

The ppl he talked into it were very young, anyone older would've seen thru him IMO

Those 19 and 21 yr old girls should've gotten away

They're all in prison now for life.there was an interesting interview w them yrs ago w Diane Sawyer..

I agree Gard:  This is what I came up with.

Susan Atkins

Atkins was convicted and sentenced to death for her part in the killings known collectively as the Tate-LaBianca murders. Like Manson himself, her sentence was commuted to life in prison in 1972 when California's Supreme Court abolished the death penalty.

During the trial she admitted stabbing Sharon Tate to death, saying she did not know why she did it. At the time she said she had no guilt, but later showed remorse for her actions.

Atkins died in 2009 from brain cancer, weeks after having a request for parole because of her illness denied.

Patricia Krenwinkel

Krenwinkel, now 69, has become California's longest-serving female prisoner, after admitting her part in the killings aged just 21.

She testified that she joined the group and left her past life behind just three days after meeting Manson in the 1960s.

In her testimony she admitted direct involvement, including stabbing victim Abigail Folger 28 times.

She has been denied parole 14 times, most recently after her lawyer claimed Manson had abused her before she committed the crimes.

Leslie Van Houten

Van Houten, who took part in the LaBianca murders, was recommended for parole in September. At just 19 at the time, she was the youngest to participate in the killings.

Another Manson Family member, Catherine Share testified at Van Houten's 2017 parole hearing, saying Manson would not let people leave and threatened violence.

The decision will now go through a 120-day review period, and a previous decision was overturned in 2016 by California Governor Jerry Brown.

He insisted the 68-year-old still posed "an unreasonable danger to society".

Sharon Tate's sister has regularly spoken out against possible paroling of members of the Family.

Responding to news of Manson's death, she told US news channel ABC that she was not relieved because she considered the others "much more dangerous individuals".

Charles 'Tex' Watson

Originally from Dallas, he left college and moved to California, where he lived with other Family members at the Spahn ranch.

He was said to be the leader of the women at the Tate-LaBianca murders, declaring: "I am the devil. I am here to do the devil's business".

He fled to Texas, where he resisted extradition for trial for nine months, so was not tried alongside Manson and the three women.

He was also sentenced to death but had his sentence revised to life imprisonment. He remains in Mule Creek prison near Sacramento after repeatedly being denied parole.

He fathered four children with his ex-wife during conjugal visits in prison. According to the LA Times, behind bars he has become a minister and earned a degree in business management.

Lynette Fromme

Lynette Alice "Squeaky" Fromme did not participate in the murders, but was a devout follower of Manson who publicly supported those on trial after the 1969 killings.

She was convicted in 1975 of pulling a gun on President Gerald Ford in Sacramento. The weapon didn't go off and she was wrestled to the ground and arrested.

She briefly escaped federal prison in 1987 in Virginia, and was later released, at age 60, in 2009.

Bobby Beausoleil

The former actor and musician went with two other followers to kill Manson Family friend Gary Hinman in the first of the group's murders.

He later said he only went to see Hinman to collect money, and not with the intention of killing him.

He consistently denied he was ever part of a "cult" or had his "mind controlled".

Behind bars he has made music, built instruments and made art which is sold online.

Bruce Davis

Davis was not involved in the Tate-LaBianca killings, but was convicted over the murder of Gary Hinman and stuntman Donald Shea.

Both Davis and Beausoleil continue to be denied parole.

Linda Kasabian

Kasabian acted as look-out on the night of the Tate murders, and was granted immunity in exchange for her testimony about the killings.

At just 20, she was a twice-divorced young mother when she got involved with Manson's sect.

The trial's prosecutor told the Guardian newspaper in 2009 that he doubted Manson would have been convicted without that testimony.

Now 68, she is believed to live back in her native New Hampshire.

Paul Watkins, another Manson follower, also testified at the trial. He died of leukaemia in 1990.

Sandra Good

Another Family member who was not directly implicated in the murders, she too was sentenced later for another crime.

She was imprisoned in 1976 alongside Susan Murphy for "conspiracy to send threatening letters through the mail" after sending hundreds of letters to company executives and reportedly making threatening phone calls.

Good was paroled in 1985, alongside another member, Steve Grogan, after he helped authorities find the body of the final Manson victim, Donald Shea.

• 2 weeks later...

<<"Mansons can be prevented.">>

Only if men and women can be educated and certified in proper parenting skills as a prerequisite to creating babies.  And only if an all-knowing and all-wise entity monitors the families to ensure that proper parenting is going on, and if it isn't, to correct the situation by re-education or removal of the child from that environment.  How's that sound?

I agree that some parents need to do a better job.  My parents used to abusive and on drugs.  I had to listen to some childhood stories of inmates and I wanted to cry.  Some of the inmates were on drugs at the time of the murders and felt horrible once they realized what happened.  I remember one was not sane at the time of crime.  The individual killed the family.  They got on meds and came to know what happened.  That was sad to watch.  I don't know much about Manson.  I had to stop reading true crime.