Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

AC/DC co-founder and guitarist Dies

[be...]

Malcolm Young had died after battling dementia for several years. He died at home with his family at his bedside. Young. along with his brother, Angus, founded the legendary rock band in 1975 in Australia. Renowned for his musical prowess, he was a song writer, producer and visionary who inspired many. From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took the world stage giving their all to every show. Nothing less would do for their fans, says a statement.

Malcolm Young had died after battling dementia for several years. He died at home with his family at his bedside. Young. along with his brother, Angus, founded the legendary rock band in 1975 in Australia. Renowned for his musical prowess, he was a song writer, producer and visionary who inspired many. From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took the world stage giving their all to every show. Nothing less would do for their fans, says a statement.

Such a sad news, Betsy. Those two brothers practically sacrificed their life to music. R.I.P. Malcolm :'(

One of the greatest rhythm guitarists of all time. Thank you guys, for the great rock music you gave us. The price your band paid was very high, however...

Article from the "RollingStone" about Malcolm’s death

http://i63.tinypic.com/2qv5v1l.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2wpo1tg.jpg

Malcolm Young (6 Jan. 1953 - 18 Nov. 2017)

• 2 weeks later...
I actually partied with them back in the 70's after a show. No I WAS NOT a groupie but my boyfriend was the sound man at the auditorium so we always got back stage passes.  Those guys were VERY wild.  In fact we were in their hotel room and they were busting out the light fixtures with baseball bats.  I remember thinking that they were really out of control.  I know they did a lot of heavy duty drugs as with a lot of the musicians back in the day.  Poor Malcolm couldn't take it any longer.  Some people are extremely sensitive to substance abuse.  Others live for years.  Whatever the case or the reason for the early onset of dementia it is truly sad.  I shook that mans hand so it really hit home for me and he isn't that much older then me.  :(

• 1 year later...

I seen them in Los Angeles, well Inglewood,on the Blow Up My Video tour.They were awesome.At the start of the concert a missle comes up slowly out of the stage and Angus kicked open the door and he's jammin inside the missle.Then on Hells Bells a giant bell came down from the rafters it looked like the  liberty bell with the crack but was black and I think it said ACDC on it.Then when they closed the show with For Those about to Rock 2 cannons,one on the right and one on the left side of the stage showed up,they extended like half way over the floor of the auditorium,they were huge like the cannons on a navy destroyer.At the end of the song every time he said fire they went off.It was a heck of a show.Especially when you were 19.They were my first rock show I had seen I think.I seen Judas Priest around that time on The Mercenaries of Metal Tour.Anyways awesone band and terrible loss.RIP Malcolm.