Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is your Sexual Orientation?

[Li...]

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Es...]

• [no...]

• [ho...]

Why does anyone even care about this topic?

I was wondering the same thing.

So why did you two read it or  post on here then??  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: Oh the irony of it all and the unfairness!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

author=nova 1 link=topic=192156.msg2575745#msg2575745 date=1518855871]

author=sofakingdone link=topic=192156.msg2570925#msg2570925 date=1518222683]

Why does anyone even care about this topic?

I was wondering the same thing.

Boredom, I think.

Nah!! we're just  bunch of bored and nosey bastards Betsy ;D How very 'Human'' of us all  ;) Beside some of the comments are really funny its good to see people have actually got a sense of humour and its not malicious either :thumbsup: Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lorazepam is a bad lover. The name starts with Lora. It's a pretty female name. Very harsh mistress, unfortunately  :'(

She fooled me bad. I thought she was similar to oxazepam. But oxazepam doesn't fry brains the way Lorazepam does....

Gosh, that Lora. The more boring the benzo name is, the safer it is, usually. All the sexy names are reserved for the strongest ones. Like Restoril. Ahhhh, I get some rest with RESToril. Clever, indeed.

If they made sexazepam, I wonder if it would become popular  :)

Lorazepam is a bad lover. The name starts with Lora. It's a pretty female name. Very harsh mistress, unfortunately  :'(

She fooled me bad. I thought she was similar to oxazepam. But oxazepam doesn't fry brains the way Lorazepam does....

Gosh, that Lora. The more boring the benzo name is, the safer it is, usually. All the sexy names are reserved for the strongest ones. Like Restoril. Ahhhh, I get some rest with RESToril. Clever, indeed.

Sex ze pam? That's French for masturbation  ;)

;D

Pamelor has a sexy name, and some psychiatrists consider it to be a "dirty" drug, because of its complex mechanism of action  ;)

;D

Pamelor has a sexy name, and some psychiatrists consider it to be a "dirty" drug, because of its complex mechanism of action  ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was just joking nova.

I’d like my next BF it be called schmuck. I asked my Jewish doctor what that really means and she said penis.lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As long as you don't meet a loud-mouth shnook, you should be ok, benzogirl  :)

Freud would call watching cartoons at your age regression, LRF ;D Not sure how he would explain it. But would be interested to hear... I wonder if we could set up a virtual séance. Loved organizing them as a kid.

As long as you don't meet a loud-mouth shnook, you should be ok, benzogirl  :)

Freud would call watching cartoons at your age regression, LRF ;D Not sure how he would explain it. But would be interested to hear... I wonder if we could set up a virtual séance. Loved organizing them as a kid.

Very true, Estee. I actually liked watching cartoons long before taking Ativan, so maybe Freud would argue that I have never really grown up  :D. Yes, the man did some interesting work until he found cocaine, which energized him and euphorized him so much that he didn't have much time for anything else  ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud

Cocaine

As a medical researcher, Freud was an early user and proponent of cocaine as a stimulant as well as analgesic. He believed that cocaine was a cure for many mental and physical problems, and in his 1884 paper "On Coca" he extolled its virtues. Between 1883 and 1887 he wrote several articles recommending medical applications, including its use as an antidepressant. He narrowly missed out on obtaining scientific priority for discovering its anesthetic properties of which he was aware but had mentioned only in passing.[131] (Karl Koller, a colleague of Freud's in Vienna, received that distinction in 1884 after reporting to a medical society the ways cocaine could be used in delicate eye surgery.) Freud also recommended cocaine as a cure for morphine addiction.[132] He had introduced cocaine to his friend Ernst von Fleischl-Marxow who had become addicted to morphine taken to relieve years of excruciating nerve pain resulting from an infection acquired while performing an autopsy. His claim that Fleischl-Marxow was cured of his addiction was premature, though he never acknowledged he had been at fault. Fleischl-Marxow developed an acute case of "cocaine psychosis", and soon returned to using morphine, dying a few years later after more suffering from intolerable pain.[133]

The application as an anesthetic turned out to be one of the few safe uses of cocaine, and as reports of addiction and overdose began to filter in from many places in the world, Freud's medical reputation became somewhat tarnished.[134]

After the "Cocaine Episode"[135] Freud ceased to publicly recommend use of the drug, but continued to take it himself occasionally for depression, migraine and nasal inflammation during the early 1890s, before discontinuing in 1896.[136]

Yeah, I know about Freud’s cocaine use. The point is, he managed to quit it. Many psychologists / philosophers / writers were using mind-altering substances.

Freud probably realized cocaine eventually down-regulates dopaminergic receptors. And makes one depressed instead of energetic. Like in the beginning. The same as with benzos and GABA receptors.

"Moderation in all things", as ancient Greeks used to say. If one cannot exercise moderation, one has to cut off the addictive substance / behavior completely.

I think we’re straying off the main topic, LRF :angel:

Well, at least, back then, doctors and psychologists and psychiatrists were actually taking substances they were giving to patients or introducing them to them. Then, it all changed. Most doctors would no longer touch the things they started prescribing.  >:D  But, yes, back to the main topic  :angel:

My sense of humor wakes up like 5 hrs after myself... I wonder if CP went into hiding again. He’s busy living the hell out of "adult" life... While we’re confined to rambling on this and "singles" topic. Awesomeness.

LF

Lmao!

I forgot all about foghorn leghorn lol

I think Freud had serious mommy issues. I once read that psychiatrists are 23% more likely than the general population to have mental disorders. Do you think it is them or the fact that deal with a lot of crazies who make them crazy? Not sure what DSM would have to say about adults watching cartoons. :laugh::D

LF

Lmao!

I think Freud had serious mommy issues. I once read that psychiatrists are 23% more likely than the general population to have mental disorders. Do you think it is them or the fact that deal with a lot of crazies who make them crazy? Not sure what DSM would have to say about adults watching cartoons. :laugh::D

Cartoon fixation according to Freud ;D

LF

Lmao!

I don't know, benzogirl. Freud's nephew was Edward Bernays, out of all people. Enough said. Bernays was pretty influential in popularizing cigarte smoking in women, the same way Fred popularized cocaine as a medicine. Except that Freud was a psychologist and Bernays was a marketing mastermind. The link between the academia and the marketing was established. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-secular-shepherd/201604/edward-bernays-uncle-freud-and-betty-crocker

Yes he was the master of propaganda. However, I think the consummate PR master is now Paul McCartney. He says things that you think are answered, only to find out later he never answered them at all. My personal hero. ::)8)

I was just joking nova.

I’d like my next BF it be called schmuck. I asked my Jewish doctor what that really means and she said penis.lol

I know Betsy  :hug: I know ;D I get your sense of humour and you usually get mine but we can't be ''with it' all the time when coming off this bloody drug can we hun? I have a great affection for you Bets  :hug: your one of the good people on here and totally inoffensive sorry if I made you feel I took what you said the wrong way its just my sense of humour, hun but we all get crossed wire days  I know I do when the brain goes hay wire against my will, but that can be said about 99.99.9% of people in withdrawal :) You are a much love friend Bets I hope today is a good day for you  :thumbsup::mybuddy:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: PS I am going to talk about Wille's and tits next and why not? everyone else is having a bash on this thread! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: xxxxx :smitten: