Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Make up

[Rr...]

I stopped wearing makeup 1 year and 8 months ago, when I started having withdrawals... my skin is very bad, I think my hormones are messed up. I miss wearing it.  :-\

It’s funny, New. About your skin. Some of those stupid gynos were trying to convince me that dienogest (Qlaira, Natazia) would be much better than Diane-35 for my skin. Fortunately, I listened to my most experienced gyno, who was the first to discover my tumor years ago. Although I had visited many other quacks before her. Generally, she says women with depression shouldn’t take BC. But switching would be a nonsense if I tolerate Diane-35. I even went as far as investing lots of cash in Qlaira and keeping it in a drawer for yrs till it expired. On the contrary, levocetirizine worked wonders for my skin. I could take it only a few days before becoming severely depressed. So I tried for mos diluting a pill in water and putting the solution on my face! These were times when Effexor XR was ruining my skin. The worst psych med for oily skin I ever took. Next is Lexapro. Actually, I started Diane-35 cause of Effexor XR. Gynos wanted me to take a BC. I didn’t want to. I was scared my depression would worsen. But after Effexor XR had ruined my skin, I didn’t care any more. Then the two went into severe interaction and I became very sick. That’s how I discontinued Effexor XR after two yrs of nightmare with my skin.

Men can get away with it because they still rule the world. :( I don't think any make-up artist could help me now. I'm beyond hope.

Yeah, men rule the world, I absolutely agree. And I’ll never put up with it. But women let them rule the world. It’s a sad fact. Betsy, a skillful make-up artist would turn you into a goddess.

Besides, I met very few men whom I considered really handsome. Women are beautiful far more often, IMO.

Men can get away with it because they still rule the world. :( I don't think any make-up artist could help me now. I'm beyond hope.

Yeah, men rule the world, I absolutely agree. And I’ll never put up with it. But women let them rule the world. It’s a sad fact. Betsy, a skillful make-up artist would turn you into a goddess.

Besides, I met very few men whom I considered really handsome. Women are beautiful far more often.

Estee:

I think that's why there are still wars here. People do not learn from past mistakes. Once a mistake, twice a fool.

"When you lose, don’t lose the lesson", as Dalai Lama says. Someone mentioned men are more visual than women. Then I must be an exception. If I weren’t visual, I would have probably be now married to one of those very rich guys I dated... They bored me to the point I couldn’t force myself to go to a second date. Even their cars didn’t impress me.  Then I blocked them on the phone and that was it... Was always attracted to poor but very handsome men. With a history of addiction... And that ended miserably each time.