Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Make up

[Rr...]

I haven't worn my make up in over 1 month and 6 days.  My skin looks better.

Well, that is a happy accident! :smitten:

I've only worn mascara and eye liner a hand full of times since me cold turkey. I was too shaky for about 6 months, now it seems safe to apply makeup, I just seldom think to bother with it.

Enjoy your clear skin! :)

I stopped wearing makeup 1 year and 8 months ago, when I started having withdrawals... my skin is very bad, I think my hormones are messed up. I miss wearing it.  :-\

I stopped wearing makeup 1 year and 8 months ago, when I started having withdrawals... my skin is very bad, I think my hormones are messed up. I miss wearing it.  :-\

Is that why there are hands over your face, NG? :laugh: :laugh:

I tired mascara once. I poked my eye out.

Hahahaha, good one Bets!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You're on a roll today.

But it's true. I poked my eye out with that tip. My eyes then turned black. lol. Never again! See how I replied in the I'm bored thread. :D

I put lipstick on yesterday for the first time in years for my driver's license photo.  I have perfect shades that I always liked and now they just sit in the drawer.  I used to always wear lipstick even if I didn't wear eye makeup. 

I put lipstick on yesterday for the first time in years for my driver's license photo.  I have perfect shades that I always liked and now they just sit in the drawer.  I used to always wear lipstick even if I didn't wear eye makeup.

Way to go Becks! :thumbsup:

My DL license photo looks like hell.  I have huge dark circles all around my eyes.  All the makeup in the world would not have been able to cover them up.  That's how sick I am.  It was extremely traumatic for me to go drive and get my photo license.  Life sucks.

My DL license photo looks like hell.  I have huge dark circles all around my eyes.  All the makeup in the world would not have been able to cover them up.  That's how sick I am.  It was extremely traumatic for me to go drive and get my photo license.  Life sucks.

My recent passport looks the same. But I think we look better "live" than those photos. DL's are notorious for bad pictures.

I think I look better with makeup on these days. My skin is so dry,  my acne scars looks worse, and the circles under my eyes are so pronounced.  Recently I bought a shade of foundation that was my color, only it ended up being too light.  I can't tell if they have just started making more shades of makeup, or if withdrawal or age is making my skin actually darker.  It sure isn't sunlight doing it, cause I'm barely outside for a second longer than I need to be. 

I happened to buy several times the "right" shade of makeup, only to start to wear it and discover it was off. I blame those bright makeup store lights!  ???

Had hair past butt.  I was getting mad at it and it was looking unhealthy, so I gave it a chop.  It seemed like good idea at the time.  Now, the length has to be evened out.  Need to go somewhere to fix hair. 

I happened to buy several times the "right" shade of makeup, only to start to wear it and discover it was off. I blame those bright makeup store lights!  ???

I found the right shades and keep them and match them up when I have to buy some stuff. This makes it easier for me.......

I found the right shades and keep them and match them up when I have to buy one stuff. This makes it easier for me.......

That's a good idea. 

My DL photos from years ago turned out fairly well and I was happy with them, but this one shows how sick I am.  I couldn't even make a smile and had to force it.  I think I've had a stroke since I can't move one side of my mouth very well.  I don't wear makeup anymore because I'm housebound and have been for years now.  Plus, I'm sensitive to all kinds of stuff now and know I'd be sensitive to makeup too.  I haven't worn face makeup for years.  Even when I wasn't sick, makeup used to make my eyes water, except for the expensive stuff.  I used to wear Clinique and it cost alot, but it was good makeup. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve always asked myself two questions:

1. Why beautiful women look gorgeous even without make-up?

2. Why men don’t have to wear make-up? I know they look horrible. I’ll never forget Slash in make-up. But why women have to do all this stuff men don’t? It’s unjust.

If I had a make-up artist. Yeah, I would wear make-up.

I almost never wear makeup, I feel uncomfortable and sometimes it stains my clothes, I don't like it so I only use eyeliner. I prefer to invest in moisturizers :)

I’ve always asked myself two questions:

1. Why beautiful women look gorgeous even without make-up?

2. Why men don’t have to wear make-up? I know they look horrible. I’ll never forget Slash in make-up. But why women have to do all this stuff men don’t? It’s unjust.

If I had a make-up artist. Yeah, I would wear make-up.

High cheekbones?

Men can get away with it because they still rule the world. :( I don't think any make-up artist could help me now. I'm beyond hope.