Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Female mustache

[Rr...]

Ok, it's not an actual mustache, but the look of darker discoloration on top lip.  Yes, I used to shave it.  I stopped shaving and started plucking.  I still see a Fred Flintstone shadow.  I'm so pissed because I have been covering it with makeup for a bit.  Now, without make up I see.  I get frustrated looking in the mirror.  How the h do I get rid of?  Without  makeup on it I feel like a man. 

Shaving and pulling it out means it will come back darker and thicker. I think an option might be to see a dermatologist and get it laser removed as those don't come back. But you have to pay out of pocket because it is considered cosmetic.

I guess I could ask about.  I wasn't sure if they do the laser hair removal there if you get fillers in lip.  Omg, lip injections will be so scary without benzo.  I jump easily now. 

Electrolysis is the way, when they use a laser it just comes back. I recommend numbing cream though that has lidocaine in it. You have to go back every 2-3 weeks for a while, then once a month. The process can last over a year. I pay $50 for 30min. of treatment and only started several months ago but now I only have to go once a month. I am also getting the stray hairs on chin, nipple and the line underneath the navel done.

According to my electrologist, whom I love- she's great- everyone has hair like this but just about no one talks about it.

Good job being brave and bringing this up 👍👍

Electrolysis is the way

That's what I meant, but this benzo brain forgot that word. My Bad! I had this done after meno and no more chin hairs.