Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Boss is screwing me out of my promotion should I kick his ass

[ho...]

Haha sorry um no I didnt. Well when I started a new job sanding skimboards and my supervisor was training an apprentice when I  started.  he did not know I already have ten years experience in this business So after he saw my work he started to try and find every little detail and say it wasnt right which I knew it was and told the owners that my work wasnt good enough. Which is when I found out he was full of crap. I also finished work in front of rhe manager and hes ignoring the whole thing, damn hes an ass too So his apprentice whos only a year into sanding is getting the supervisor position that im definately qualified for. Yes I do because between sleeping in my car and my abusive parents house and I could use the promotion to get a haouse or appartment

So sorry you're going through this.  And yes, you should have whooped his butt for what he did.  Hopefully you can get a promotion and your own apartment in the near future.  Rooting for you! :thumbsup:

Are you expecting to be promoted at a job you just started? Good luck. Most of the negotiation for position and title happens before you're hired. It sucks that other person is now a supervisor but it doesn't seem like you have a lot of leverage and being surly with your boss isn't going to help you in the future. I'd just do good work, get paid and either suck it up or get a better paying job somewhere else.

This supervisor was supposed to leave in august and I was going to take his place. And when I showed up and outshined his apprentice he changed and said hes not leaving until dec.

I understand how frustrating it can be to work under a boss that you are having problems with. I had a few in the past and waited them out since I really liked my job. They left and I stayed. Hopefully things will work out for you or maybe you will get lucky and find a better place to work. Good luck. BTW, fantasizing about kicking your boss' ass is pretty common.

To the person who said, hope the cell mate doesn't kick ass.  Have you ever seen house arrest?  The guy wanted the guy in jail and said, you haven't washed your a$$ in 4 days.  I had to watch the scene again.