Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Krapton

[gl...]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [Lo...]

• [gl...]

• [be...]

Was the plant Kratom?  I have seen people on the reddit boards say they use it, but I have also seen people who were seriously screwed up by it and couldn't get off.  It's one of those things where many people can stop without issues, but others are slammed.

[5c...]

Hi...yes Kraptonm...never heard of it. Can it be bought over the counter or Health stores?

G

. it's Kratom

Yes, that’s an important distinction.  :)

[5c...]

And.................

And . . . kratom’s banned in some countries and most states, but it’s not at all clear what your question is, Glama.

Moving this to a more appropriate forum for now.  :thumbsup:

The reason  I ask about this plant (krapton) is b/c  I saw and interview on CNN about 2 sisters hooked on heroin and they claim Krapton help them get of the heroin. I know is banned on certain country and states , just like weed. I just wanted to know if anybody had heard about it.

And that was my question!!!!! Sorry I was not talking about benzos and how Im dying b/c I used them :sick:

bye now...G

The plant is called Kratom, not Krapton

I have a friend who uses it for pain and really likes it, much better than any pain killer. I have not heard of anyone using it for benzo withdrawal. I think in the States you have to order it online because it is not sold in stores here.. though I could be wrong. My bf used it when he threw his neck out and said it made him feel slightly better but it's one of those things where the dosage really matters and he wasn't sure the correct dosage. I have never tried it, but if you do a quick Google search you can find a ton of information about it. Some people swear by it.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi...yes Kraptonm...never heard of it. Can it be bought over the counter or Health stores?

G

. it's Kratom

Yes, that’s an important distinction.  :)

:laugh: :laugh:

Mitragyna speciosa (commonly known as kratom, also ketum),[2] is a tropical evergreen tree in the coffee family (Rubiaceae) native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malaysia phytochoria (botanical regions). M. speciosa is indigenous to Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia, Myanmar, and Papua New Guinea[3] where it has been used in traditional medicine since at least the 19th century.[4] Kratom has some opioid- and stimulant-like properties.[5][6]

As of 2013, no clinical trials had been done to understand kratom's health effects and it had no approved medical uses.[3][4][7] Some people take it for managing chronic pain, for treating opioid withdrawal symptoms, or – more recently – for recreational purposes.[3][7] Onset of effects typically begins within 5 to 10 minutes and lasts 2 to 5 hours.[3]

Common minor side effects may include nausea, vomiting, and constipation.[3] More severe side effects may include seizure, addiction, and psychosis.[3][8][9][10] Other side effects may include high heart rate and blood pressure, trouble sleeping, and, rarely, liver toxicity.[3][10][11] When use is stopped, withdrawal may occur.[6][7] Respiratory depression (decreased breathing) is a major risk with all opioids;[12]:196 the medical literature is divided on whether it is a significant side effect of kratom, with some authorities not mentioning it[8][11] and others emphasizing it.[9][13] Deaths have occurred when kratom was present, mixed with other substances.[6][7] In the United States, there were fifteen kratom-related deaths between 2014 and 2016,[14] although, in none was kratom thought to be the sole factor.[7]

As of 2015, there was a growing international concern about a possible threat to public health from kratom use.[7][15] In some jurisdictions, its sale and importation have been restricted, and a number of public health authorities have raised alerts.[7][14][15] Sometimes the finished product is mixed into cocktails with other psychoactive drugs such as caffeine and codeine.[6][16]

My father spent a year working in Japan, so he told me once about a business building called Kasumigaseki. Somehow that memory popped up, too. So many things I thought I'd completely forgotten....

Godzilla destroyed the parliament building in Kasumigaseki, Tokyo.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_65wVG6Fngi0/TJPP8zmLmeI/AAAAAAAAD8A/-ZOVHmqovF8/s400/DietGodzilla.jpg

...they rebuilt it, then this happened...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cFs-jibamxc/TT3ly6QG99I/AAAAAAAAA_E/Y2YIrfLYOkg/s1600/kingkongvsgodzilla1-1024.jpg

• 3 weeks later...