Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Inflammation in body due to PTSD?

[Pi...]

What evidence does she have to back up her claim?  She's not a medical doctor so she shouldn't be saying those things.  I had a therapist once who told me losing weight was affecting my heart and I told her I didn't want to hear it and she said, "Well, maybe you need to hear it!"  I told her that it was between me and my doctor.  I reported her to her boss for talking about my medical condition when she wasn't qualified to do so.  She's only a therapist with no medical training.   

What evidence does she have to back up her claim?  She's not a medical doctor so she shouldn't be saying those things.  I had a therapist once who told me losing weight was affecting my heart and I told her I didn't want to hear it and she said, "Well, maybe you need to hear it!"  I told her that it was between me and my doctor.  I reported her to her boss for talking about my medical condition when she wasn't qualified to do so.  She's only a therapist with no medical training. 

:thumbsup:

She said it is important that I tell her about my medical history and I did, and that's what she said. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of that.

Psychiatry/psychology is not an exact science, there's a lot of room to maneuver.  Telling her your medical history so she can get an overall picture is one thing, but her rendering an opinion pertaining to a specific medical condition of yours (i.e direct cause of inflammation), as to which she is not qualified, is quite another.  Never heard of that.