Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Smothered SMOTHERED by a Retired Husband

[Sh...]

She:

Just popped in to say I've got your back and can totally relate! My hubby was not retired but worked nights and he always hung around me asking this and that and this and that when I was trying me best to work! I had to finally put a lock of my office door.

:laugh:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [be...]

• [wa...]

• [Gr...]

Thank you GreenCup - didn't know it was exactly a "thing" but I do know its a thing!  From the article:

"That the research showed the wife’s condition to worsen every extra year the husband spends in retirement will come as no surprise either. Women already acknowledge to each other – whether in the boardroom, the café or in online forums – that there is no more nightmarish scenario than having a man underfoot who is without entertainment or employment". 

My hubby is retired but part time working at home and has decided the spare bedroom, the basement and the garage are not enough room for him and he has now spread out into the dining room.  I can't believe it -- and I cannot protest because he' paying the bills, after all.

I officially have no privacy since our master bath is out of order.  The trap is that, unless he works, we can never finish the bath. 

At my age, with my health, I am not sure I can ever go back to work.  I would really love to get out of the house now. Someone else can clean it, though.  He certainly won't.