Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Baby stories anyone?

[Gu...]

Lots of people seem to focus on how stressful parenting is

How the newborn can drive wedges in the marriage

How toddlers are tornadoes

How ALL of your lives revolve around your children

Like when people get married and it's like

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

The hardest parts of our lives are the ones we remember.

They want to be remembered happily too.

So can we talk about all the wonderful things parenthood entails?

Most of you know I'm 6 weeks + 4 days today.

Can I get some sunshine in this thread, please?

We have enough to cry over already.

I don't have kids. But I will tell you one of my mom's stories, or two..........

When I was a tiny baby my dad worked long hours doing his residency. They took turns feeding me. It was dad's turn. But mom kept hearing me screaming. She went into the kitchen to find my dad fast asleep and the bottle nipple in my ear.

We had a nanny. She fed me in a high chair but was trying to teach me how to eat. She put the spoon in my right hand, and I switched it to my left hand. She did the same again. The third time she did this I took my bowl of oatmeal and dumped it on her head. She never tried that again.

My kid is my shining light in all this benzo messiness.  He is eight years old and my husband and smile at each other when he does something we like or are impressed with.  I think having a baby made my husband and I grow closer to each other. 

I loved the toddler years.  It's a lot of work and I'm not denying that but there's definitely a lot of joy in having a baby or a toddler around.  Don't listen to all that negativity.

Hi Gunnar :) congratulations

When my son was born I knew NOTHING about babies. When he was 3 wks old, he slept all night. I called the Dr and said " I'm worried, he didn't wake up last night to eat".

He told me I was lucky. I thought they had to get up at 2 am and eat  :laugh:

He always was a good sleeper.

Kids are a joy, a gift from God  :smitten:

These are some amazing stories guys. About a week and no benzos for me. c/t is going well for me (but I do not think anyone should c/t unless they have reason to) I heard baby's heartbeat yesterday. Doing well, nice & strong.

@Gardenia, my baby will be my 1st baby and my first time spending a lot of time with a little one.

Thank you for sharing!

@Greencup, I'm hoping this brings my hubby and I closer too. It'll be interesting to see how baby changes the dynamic of things :)

@becksblue, it is lovely to hear these stories. Thank you for reading!

At the worst of my side effects and then withdrawal from Remeron I was suicidal. My son was pretty much the only thing that kept me alive. I didn't feel anything at the time, but I knew that I am obligated to live to be able to raise him and not leave him motherless. I knew I have to take it one second at a time, to try, to push through, etc., so that he had a mother when he needed me.

He has a disability, so it's hard to take care of him all the time, and I had to arrange care for him (and still have to), but I am so glad I have him.

I'd have another child in a heart beat after I'm done withdrawing, but I'm separated and my husband doesn't want to have anymore kids and took care of getting permanent birth control for himself.

Hey guys! I've been away, but I thought I'd stop in and say hello. Friday I got genetic testing done for the baby, and again I've been off K since the last time I've wrote of it on here.

I've had a few things said to me that were upsetting.

Apparently, my neighbor thinks after my 1st baby I should get my tubes tied the same day of delivery...

Like... okay?

You'd think an older woman would know not to say those things to a first time mother.

I think since I'm physically disabled people feel like they can just say what they want because their ignorant of my situation.

I took a minute for it to register... and she just kept saying "Y'all only need 1"

I understand she makes sense and is thinking of the worsk kids entail, but I mean.. who died and made you God?

Worst thing to say to me, ever.

Gunnar, your nabe sure is nosy.  That's rude giving advice like that to another woman.  She sounds like she's got mental issues. 

Damn rude. She should MYOB and take care of her own issues. I'm sure she has plenty of those. Not a good baby sitter for your little one.