Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

any italians here? Need your help..

[Ma...]

Hello italian buddies :)

My neighbor just found out that he is half-Italian. Now he is searching his real father, but he only knows his name and some old address informations. He speaks Italian (isnt it funny that he learned the language without knowing he was half italian) and also travelled to Italy to find his dad.

He is a very nice man, has children and grandchildren himself now and just wants to find his father.

My question is:

- Do you have any tip how to find him?

- Could you tell me what is the main newspaper or radio station in Italy that "every older Italian" (must be 74 years old now) might read every day - we think about an advertising or so...

- sadly there is no reporting obligation in Italy so we just know the first city he ever registered (in Sicilia)

- do you know any "registration" you have to do in Italy?

My neighbor and his wife have helped me so much, I hope I get some tips here - I want to give back.. Because he cannot afford  to pay a private investigator..

Every information is appreciated! Thank you very much...

Marigold

Hi Marigold,

I do a lot of genealogy research using Ancestry. I subscribe to the international level, so I've been able to find massive amounts of info going back many generations.

Friends often ask me to track someone down, so I start a private tree for them that does not interfere with my own.

Ask around and you may find a friend who's also using Ancestry - it's so common, I know more people who use it than don't.

Also, check Facebook, as there are many genealogy pages there. Usually people want money to look stuff up, so it may be better to ask a friend.

Good luck!

Leslie  :smitten:

Hi Marigold,

I do a lot of genealogy research using Ancestry. I subscribe to the international level, so I've been able to find massive amounts of info going back many generations.

Friends often ask me to track someone down, so I start a private tree for them that does not interfere with my own.

Ask around and you may find a friend who's also using Ancestry - it's so common, I know more people who use it than don't.

Also, check Facebook, as there are many genealogy pages there. Usually people want money to look stuff up, so it may be better to ask a friend.

Good luck!

Hey Leslie,

thank you for your answer and the tips - we have checked Facebook - no success. I also have used ancestry, but I did not log in, so I guess I did not get all the options there, right? Sadly I don't know anybody using it.

Any other suggestions?

Its really hard for my friend.. his mom told him on christmas eve after his stepfather died -not nice. She still has a lot more informations but doesn't want to talk.

Hug,

Marigold

Hi Marigold,

Good luck!

Hey Leslie,

thank you for your answer and the tips - we have checked Facebook - no success. I also have used ancestry, but I did not log in, so I guess I did not get all the options there, right? Sadly I don't know anybody using it.

Any other suggestions?

Its really hard for my friend.. his mom told him on christmas eve after his stepfather died -not nice. She still has a lot more informations but doesn't want to talk.

Hug,

Marigold

Hi Marigold, please PM me and I'll see if I can help you with this.