Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Keep Calm and Show Your Creative Side

[16...]

Here's a link to one of my bird paintings,"Peacocks and Jade Flower:"

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/l8pMkThmPjIG8nQM37ZiVtq5YVg6PtqKtzAbTCXWrHU

:smitten:

Absolutely fabulous, Megan. The colors, contrast, detail. Just perfect. I love to "paint" in Adobe LR. Post-process DSLR pix. All my world is just made of colors. They're even more important than shapes. When I look at a picture, colors are the first thing I notice. There always has to be white. It makes everything glow. Contrast is so important too. Building that harmony. First, there has to be a vision. Then turning that vision into reality is just pure bliss. And there's always sth wrong. I correct those photos over and over again. Look at them for several days, until I get them right. Digital painting is extraordinary, too.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." [soren Kierkegaard]

"Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." [buddha]

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5760/event.png[/img]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [Ch...]

• [Es...]

• [Ma...]

This isn't anything really special, but I actually picked up my hooks (for the first time since I first went into benzo tolerance WD hell) and began to crochet again - there's a bumper crop of babies due in our family, so I'm gettin' busy again.

I started this during Hurricane Irma and finished it during Maria. Wouldn't you know it, the centers ended up looking like little hurricanes, not my intention at all.  :laugh:

These are pics of the unfinished blanket. I started a scalloped border in plain white (left edge, second pic), but then found a lovely little skein of cotton multicolored pastels, so that's how I finished it. I'm fairly pleased with it, little hurricanes notwithstanding. :)

NSG6NZh.jpg1ggMgyy.jpg

This isn't anything really special, but I actually picked up my hooks (for the first time since I first went into benzo tolerance WD hell) and began to crochet again - there's a bumper crop of babies due in our family, so I'm gettin' busy again.

I started this during Hurricane Irma and finished it during Maria. Wouldn't you know it, the centers ended up looking like little hurricanes, not my intention at all.  :laugh:

These are pics of the unfinished blanket. I started a scalloped border in plain white (left edge, second pic), but then found a lovely little skein of cotton multicolored pastels, so that's how I finished it. I'm fairly pleased with it, little hurricanes notwithstanding. :)

NSG6NZh.jpg1ggMgyy.jpg

That is lovely Leslie.  I like the colors and pattern, hurricane associations  aside!  I can see why one might have to give up something this intricate during withdrawal.  So glad you are back at it.  All those babies coming will need something warm, cuddly and handmade to welcome them into the family properly.  So keep at it!

She

That's great Leslie!  Someone's going to be very warm and thankful for your beautiful work....

thanks for posting.  I'm still trying to figure out how to upload a pic! :laugh:

I love this thread of creativity... I do have the energy to create if I choose carefully....

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Thanks for the kind words, She and SS!  :smitten:

SS, have you tried Imigur? They have phone apps as well as a regular desktop site. You can upload privately so that your images can be viewed only by direct link, to preserve anonymity.

That's what I use for everything - quick and easy. And fun. :)

Thanks for the kind words, She and SS!  :smitten:

SS, have you tried Imigur? They have phone apps as well as a regular desktop site. You can upload privately so that your images can be viewed only by direct link, to preserve anonymity.

That's what I use for everything - quick and easy. And fun. :)

I'll check it out! thanks

<snip>

Very cool.  I'm glad to hear that you've started crocheting again.  How long does it take to make one square? 

Really cool, Leslie :thumbsup: Life is about being creative in whatever aspect. Once we get into that "flow" state, we know it's our thing. In a way we create our own lives. By our thoughts, beliefs and actions. My OCD got in the way of my creativity. And it kind of sucks. It's like I'm sabotaging myself. We only have a limited time. Feel like OCD is stealing it.

"LOVE YOURSELF. While you've still got a chance." [Jen Sincero]

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." [soren Kierkegaard]

"Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." [buddha]

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+Ambien+pill/dt/7/k/4054/event.png[/img]

Thanks, Betsy, Marigold and Estee  :smitten:

Betsy, I tend to do them assembly line style - first the all the pink centers, then all of the yellow, etc. but I'd guess around 10 minutes per square. From start to finish it was done in my free time in less than a week.

Marigold, my attempts at knitting look like an accident, too. :)  Crochet (especially squares) is easy-peasy.

Estee, I know what you mean. I couldn't even pick up a crochet hook while I was still in the clutches of Ativan. Zero motivation, and no pleasure to be found in anything. This is literally the first time I had any interest in anything creative in several years. Benzos blocked everything.

Beautiful work, Leslie!  I sew, mostly clothing, but I've never knitted or crocheted.  I love collecting beautiful fabrics and have quite a stash. My best friend and SIL is an expert knitter.  She uses delicate, expensive wool yarns and makes amazing things, some of which include tiny beads knitted in.  And she's left handed, as am I, and knitting patterns are made for right handers, so she knits right handed.  That's a sacrifice I wouldn't/couldn't make.

Viva creativity!    :smitten:

Thanks, Megan! :smitten:

Beautiful fabric makes me drool, but I sew only at a very basic level, alas, and knitting? Forget it, I always dropped stitches, something that's much easier to backtrack and fix with crochet. My younger daughter's left-handed too, and it's amazing to see how she adapts in a right-handed world.

Yes, being left handed isn't always easy.  But a lot of creative people are left handed!

Here's one of my best floral paintings, which was chosen to be in a Northlight Book, "The Best of Flower Painting," about 20 years ago.  It takes a few seconds to load, and is clickable to enlarge, and is called "Primary Arrangement:"

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/baRFbkLbcFjAMX2ETSEmas3jmxHwYj0DWr13LARdD91

Megan, that is absolutely gorgeous - what stunning talent you have!

Thanks, Leslie.  I've always loved bright colors, and at some point I realized white was a dominant color which made almost any other background color seem to recede, so I tried painting white flowers with a red, yellow, and blue background.  It worked!

Yes, being left handed isn't always easy.  But a lot of creative people are left handed!

Here's one of my best floral paintings, which was chosen to be in a Northlight Book, "The Best of Flower Painting," about 20 years ago.  It takes a few seconds to load, and is clickable to enlarge, and is called "Primary Arrangement:"

That is so beautiful.  I could taste the two little mints on the table.

Beautiful work, Leslie!  I sew, mostly clothing, but I've never knitted or crocheted.  I love collecting beautiful fabrics and have quite a stash. My best friend and SIL is an expert knitter.  She uses delicate, expensive wool yarns and makes amazing things, some of which include tiny beads knitted in.  And she's left handed, as am I, and knitting patterns are made for right handers, so she knits right handed.  That's a sacrifice I wouldn't/couldn't make.

Viva creativity!    :smitten:

Hey Megan:

Now I know why I like you......................from another south paw.

Awesome :thumbsup: Love the colors, contrast, details, shapes... This thread is tempting...

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this thread - what a cool idea!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is a picture of a crazy quilt (lap size) I made a few years ago. (It's almost that time of year already!) http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/PioneerSpirit/Celebrations%20%20and%20%20Holidays/25.gif

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/PioneerSpirit/Photos/1stCrazyShortCutQuilt-Christmas2010Smaller.jpg

This is a picture of a crazy quilt (lap size) I made a few years ago. (It's almost that time of year already!) http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/PioneerSpirit/Celebrations%20%20and%20%20Holidays/25.gif

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/PioneerSpirit/Photos/1stCrazyShortCutQuilt-Christmas2010Smaller.jpg

Very cool, Grandma D :thumbsup: I used to love Xmas. I hope I’m gonna love them again...

Very cool, Grandma D :thumbsup: I used to love Xmas. I hope I’m gonna love them again...

I have faith that you will Estee.  :hug: