Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Today's draw-ring:) merged

[va...]

What a great distraction, too...

I think I need a square-ish draw-ring for a new avatar.  Would you allow one of your drawings to be used as an avatar here on the forum?

vaartist, these are amazing!!! I wish there was a way that you could post a picture a day so everyone could see them. You ought to publish a book!!! I would certainly have not felt so alone in the earlier years, if I had seen these pictures, when I was going through DP/DR and felt like I had bionic ears from all the escalating sounds all around me. I used to have to wear sunglasses at home because the glare was too bright and wore them at the doctor's office. It's kind of funny as I look back at it now, but it certainly wasn't funny then. We can look at ourselves and laugh instead of feeling so frightened all the time. Thanks so much!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Marigold,

Nice to meet a fellow artist. Yes, this is my profession and has been for over 25 years. Hope you are continuing to draw and give form to this experience we are all going through!

Best, :)

These drawings are great, VA.  And they're a kind of art therapy -  for a professional artist!

I made my living selling my animal and bird paintings through SF Bay Area galleries for years (there was no internet in those days), before I got into the more lucrative software business.  I know how rewarding it is when others see and appreciate one's art!

:smitten:

Thanks so much guys for the kind words. Knowing that these drawings can make you feel a little less alone and maybe even help you to smile is everything!  I will keep drawling and adding a new one every day.

Here's to healing for all of us.  :smitten:

Thanks so much guys for the kind words. Knowing that these drawings can make you feel a little less alone and maybe even help you to smile is all the reward I would ever want. I will keep drawling and adding a new one every day.

Here's to healing for all of us.  :smitten:

Yes, the touch of dark humor adds to their excellence!

If you start taking special requests :P  "Head in a Vise/Head Pressure" would be fun (?!) to see.  Or "Floaty/Boaty".  :crazy:

I made my living selling my animal and bird paintings through SF Bay Area galleries for years (there was no internet in those days), before I got into the more lucrative software business.  I know how rewarding it is when others see and appreciate one's art!

:smitten:

Any pics uploaded for us to see, Megan?  Would love to see some of your artwork.

WOW - this one is so great, too:

http://anxiousinklings.com/index.php/2017/09/14/fear-of-starting/

Thats where I am right now. Its a milestone, because my canvas is blanc now. Its a good point to start a new life. But...what if.... and I know about the monsters...

Again! Great. I think I will print that one and put it on a wall.

So your drawing will be on a wall in Germany, buddy..

Thanks Marigold!

Ha! We all know about the monsters. But they're a bunch of liars. Just start to paint:)

I am honored to be on a wall in Germany! I am half German on my Dad's side.

Looking forward to see some new paintings!

Best :thumbsup:

I wonder if we can support a thread where people post images of their 'creations'.  Drawings, photos, paintings, origami, quilts, knitting, woodwork, pottery, ...

Love the drawings, Vaartist - thanks so much for sharing them.

I'm a little disturbed that you managed to get a photo of me at my last Doctor Visit though.  ;D

4NX3cVY.jpg

I wonder if we can support a thread where people post images of their 'creations'.  Drawings, photos, paintings, origami, quilts, knitting, woodwork, pottery, ...

This is a great idea, Bads - if you start it, I have some fun stuff to contribute, lots of people would. And I think it'll serve to help inspire us frazzled members to get back to our interests, or even find new ones.

Definitely a great idea!! It's a win win! You win because you are doing something productive while going through this hell and we win by being able to see your art!!!!  :smitten:

Thanks Marigold,

Yes those are my drawing of my experience with a lifetime of anxiety and now benzo withdraw hell.

The doctor visit happened at least 3 times. Surreal stuff!!

Best,

vaa

Very cool drawings. I sure wish I had that talent. Good for you! They are very funny. You should put them on google images.

Betsy