Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Irma - Floridians Check In!

[Sh...]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ly...]

• [Sw...]

• [Ch...]

5am

I'm up and hoping to see some film of Naples - maybe I don't want to see it!  I don't know when I'll hear from my mother in Bonita.  I am hoping with everything that she is ok and her house did not flood.  My husband is flying down to the East coast Thursday and will drive over to assess things and take my mother to a hotel in Boca.

Thinking of everyone down there and hoping for the best.

Update - just spoke with my mother's neighbor (must have a diff cell provider).  No flooding or water in the house.  They are fine.  This is the first that I have broken down and cried.

Update - just spoke with my mother's neighbor (must have a diff cell provider).  No flooding or water in the house.  They are fine.  This is the first that I have broken down and cried.

So please for you and your Mother Lynn, the house is only a possession and can be replaced but people cant.

2trusting

Received a round robin email awhile ago, C is OK in Coral Springs, she said that they had a lot of branches in yard and lots of wind, rain and Tornado warnings. She said it was not as bad as the last one, well she was alone in a closet in a big house, this time her Husband got home in time. My thoughts remain with all that are still waiting for news of loved ones and going through their own trails with this horrific storm.  

Good Morning All,

The storm has moved out of my area and we are left with gusty winds,  All things considered, we are fine despite an anxiety ridden night.  We have no property damage, no trees down, no power outages, and no water intrusion.  The lake in our back yard is very high but it didn't breach the crest of the slope.  There is debris everywhere, but nothing we can't handle.  We feel fortunate and we are very grateful.

Lynn, so happy you got positive news of your mother's situation.  Sweet Pea, glad the early reports are good for you despite the power loss.  BeGood, so happy that the news out of Coral Springs is good.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and words of comfort.  To those who have dealt with or are dealing with this, please update us when you can.

:smitten:

She

So please for you and your Mother Lynn, the house is only a possession and can be replaced but people cant.

2trusting

Thank you so much 2T.  Your thoughts and well wishes mean alot to me.  I have just received word of no damage to my home in Naples - unbelievable given the location.  I am thinking of you and hoping the best for your place. :smitten:

Received a round robin email awhile ago, C is OK in Coral Springs, she said that they had a lot of branches in yard and lots of wind, rain and Tornado warnings. She said it was not as bad as the last one, well she was alone in a closet in a big house, this time her Husband got home in time. My thoughts remain with all that are still waiting for news of loved ones and going through their own trails with this horrific storm.

This is wonderful news BG. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good Morning All,

The storm has moved out of my area and we are left with gusty winds,  All things considered, we are fine despite an anxiety ridden night.  We have no property damage, no trees down, no power outages, and no water intrusion.  The lake in our back yard is very high but it didn't breach the crest of the slope.  There is debris everywhere, but nothing we can't handle.  We feel fortunate and we are very grateful.

Lynn, so happy you got positive news of your mother's situation.  Sweet Pea, glad the early reports are good for you despite the power loss.  BeGood, so happy that the news out of Coral Springs is good.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and words of comfort.  To those who have dealt with or are dealing with this, please update us when you can.

She

This is great news She.  I'm hoping for more good news from our buddies. 

2trusting

Thank you so much 2T.  Your thoughts and well wishes mean alot to me.  I have just received word of no damage to my home in Naples - unbelievable given the location.  I am thinking of you and hoping the best for your place. :smitten:

Lynn!  I am so happy for you that your place in Naples survived unscathed.  That is awesome news indeed!

She

Good Morning All,

She

Great News She. :thumbsup:

2trusting

I am waiting to hear about our place from some one who can get close or will look for me, pretty sure it will be okay but need confirmation.

I did have a ceiling in a covered patio area that connects to the house open for renewal so do have some worries about the roof as the wind would be able to get in. Great news about your place in Naples, wonder what the surrounding landscape looks like?

I will not make the trip down for probably a week so as I am sure the roads and airports will be a mess and crowded, if I did make it I would have nowhere to stay either if my power was out, my generator is not hooked up at the moment.

2trusting

:hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten:

2T,

I am so glad that it looks like things will be relatively mild for you.  The power is a big concern for me vis-a-vis my mother.  Sept is a very hot month in FL.  I expect to be down 10/1 as planned but may have to go down to get my mother arranged if power is going to be out for a while.  Airports will be open Monday as far as I know.

2trusting

I am waiting to hear about our place from some one who can get close or will look for me, pretty sure it will be okay but need confirmation.

I did have a ceiling in a covered patio area that connects to the house open for renewal so do have some worries about the roof as the wind would be able to get in. Great news about your place in Naples, wonder what the surrounding landscape looks like?

I will not make the trip down for probably a week so as I am sure the roads and airports will be a mess and crowded, if I did make it I would have nowhere to stay either if my power was out, my generator is not hooked up at the moment.

2trusting

2Trusting, hope you will find things okay when you are able to get down to check.  The airports might reopen tomorrow, but the state itself will be in a mess for some time to come.  Good luck with your concerns.

She

Lynn and BG, Great news, I will uncross everything now... I watched on the internet and Utube all night...

Well done Everyone, no matter your exact situation, Everyone had a challenge to face...

-All the best for those not clear yet...

Tried to post earlier, have to use phone instead of computer.  We have trees down front and back yard a mess.  No power 75  percent of the county is out.  We only have about twelve hours worth of propane left for the generator.  Gas company will NOT answer the phone.  Going to run the fridge on a small stand generator at 6 pm today and just have no power for anything else.  Water heater is propane and water system is run from an electric pump, so no water after 6 pm.

Sweet pea

Send more info later typing on phone is tough.

Cable and internet out as well.  Can't call them yet, I think everyone is down.  Only 4G working.  Keeping the phone charging til we have to cut power.

Sweet pea

Sweet Pea, sorry about your hurricane related woes.  Being without power, and water is difficult to say the least.  Hopefully things will come back on line before too long.  I am thinking about you and your fellow residents down there.  Your area was very hard hit.  Stay safe and let us hear from you when you can.

She

Lynn and BG, Great news, I will uncross everything now... I watched on the internet and Utube all night...

Well done Everyone, no matter your exact situation, Everyone had a challenge to face...

Thanks Cant for being a great support to Lynn and I, during this time that was hard for us, you never fail to be a good friend means a lot.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Cant for being a great support to Lynn and I, during this time that was hard for us, you never fail to be a good friend means a lot.  :thumbsup:

Yes Cant, thank you for your thoughts and concern.  Having friends alongside is very comforting. :smitten:

My sister drove by our house and it looks like we only have a few missing shingles (haven't been inside yet though). Her house had water coming up through the floor. Other sister had some damage at her business and my nephew lost the roof on one of his sheds. Could have been a lot worse.

My sister drove by our house and it looks like we only have a few missing shingles (haven't been inside yet though). Her house had water coming up through the floor. Other sister had some damage at her business and my nephew lost the roof on one of his sheds. Could have been a lot worse.

Hey Florida Guy..!!

-Thats not a bad outcome at all... Now the Damn cleanup!! I guess flooding in the north will be slowing people's return...?

Your so right, It could have been so much worse... I hope it doesnt make people reluctant to Evacuate next time...

Be well...

Glad things look pretty good for you and yours Florida Guy.  If you are still in Mississipppi, stay for a while longer!  The roads here are a mess and it'll  take a few days to make then navigable again.  Plus all the evacuees returning en masse.  Yes indeed it could have been a lot worse!

She