Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Irma - Floridians Check In!

[Sh...]

Hi,

I live right off of the coast in Miami. We drove to Gainesville yesterday. It took 13 hours. We only have the hotel we are in until Sunday. We are moving to a hotel in Tallahassee for two days. Hopefully everything will be okay.

I can't watch it anymore on TV either. I can't run from it anymore either. I think by the time it gets up

Here it shouldn't be too bad.

Holding my dose for a few days. I went through Andrew and my house fell down around me. Don't want to go through that again.

Everybody stay safe

Jenny

Jenny Glad you are away from the coast and I think you'll be okay in Gainesville and Tallahassee.  Stay safe and I think its an excellent plan to hold your dose until life gets back to normal.

:smitten:

She

Hi She,

We ended up in West Palm with my sisters at a hotel.

🙏

Jenny

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ly...]

• [Sw...]

• [Ch...]

My family did not evacuate (despite being in an evacuation zone) and will be riding it out in Bonita Springs.  I have no words for this decision.  The power is already out.

My home in Naples is history.

About an hour and a half ago we have a ceiling leak.  From last year's hurricane we had numerous roof repairs done

in January and two months ago got the ceiling repairs done with a 2 year window of getting a new roof.  Just one leak for now, rain band has left temporarily.  We have septic and already the toilets won't flush.  Lucky I saved the tidy cat litter buckets, they will come in handy for various uses.  The ditch in front of our house was full during the rain band but has gone down.  Neighbors across the street (two houses) have flooded yards already.  Mini tornado alert in effect for the next 11 hours.  At least the wi-fi and electricty is still on, only have about 18 -24 hours to go.

Sweet pea

Hi,

I live right off of the coast in Miami. We drove to Gainesville yesterday. It took 13 hours. We only have the hotel we are in until Sunday. We are moving to a hotel in Tallahassee for two days. Hopefully everything will be okay.

I can't watch it anymore on TV either. I can't run from it anymore either. I think by the time it gets up

Here it shouldn't be too bad.

Holding my dose for a few days. I went through Andrew and my house fell down around me. Don't want to go through that again.

Everybody stay safe

Jenny

Jenny Glad you are away from the coast and I think you'll be okay in Gainesville and Tallahassee.  Stay safe and I think its an excellent plan to hold your dose until life gets back to normal.

:smitten:

She

Hi She,

We ended up in West Palm with my sisters at a hotel.

🙏

Jenny

Jenny, I know you're still in the thick of it.  Be as safe as safe as you can and let us know how it goes.

XX

She

Best wishes everyone... My thoughts are with you from Australia...

Thank you Cantfly.  Australians are no strangers to natural disasters either, so we appreciate your well wishes.

XX

She

Thinking of All, from the Midwest USA. I have a loved one in Coral Springs, hoping to hear from her soon.  :(

Thank you Begood.  Coral Springs is in the thick of things and I wish your loved one well.  Let us know when you hear.

XX

She

My family did not evacuate (despite being in an evacuation zone) and will be riding it out in Bonita Springs.  I have no words for this decision.  The power is already out.

My home in Naples is history.

Lynn, I'm sorry your home is most likely going to take a hit.  Lets hope for the best for your Mom and Sister.  They certainly are in the eye of it all.  Did they go to a shelter?

XX

She

About an hour and a half ago we have a ceiling leak.  From last year's hurricane we had numerous roof repairs done

in January and two months ago got the ceiling repairs done with a 2 year window of getting a new roof.  Just one leak for now, rain band has left temporarily.  We have septic and already the toilets won't flush.  Lucky I saved the tidy cat litter buckets, they will come in handy for various uses.  The ditch in front of our house was full during the rain band but has gone down.  Neighbors across the street (two houses) have flooded yards already.  Mini tornado alert in effect for the next 11 hours.  At least the wi-fi and electricty is still on, only have about 18 -24 hours to go.

Sweet pea

Fighting the good fight Sweet Pea!  You have your hands full on all fronts.  We have an older roof too and wouldn't be surprised if this is the year it will need to be replaced.  Roofs are the first to go unfortunately. Hang on, it will be over before too long and then the fun really begins!

XX

She

I am praying for all of you. I hope the damage is not as bad as it sounds. I am very worried about a childhood friend on mine who lives in the Keys. I tried calling her last Monday and she did not reply. Very unusual for her. Her brother told me she has not returned his calls either. The worst part about it that she is stuck in a wheelchair. I will pray for everyone in Irma's path, even as she goes north.

Please pray for fellow bb, Gardenia.  She's not on the forum tonight and she said last night she was certain she would lose her power. This storm is evil.  Alot of the disabled, etc. are really going to suffer and many will lose their lives because they can't cope or evacuate.  Praying for all of you other Floridians who are having home problems or losing your homes or having to evacuate.  That can crush a person, for sure, especially those who are already suffering from this benzo damage or who are disabled. 

Edit: Removed personal info

Got heart palpitations now.  Power just went out, generator kicked in.  All kinds of debris hitting the house.  Just now got a call from emergency Management saying there is a tornado in the area.  This kind of calms me a little just letting others know what is happening.

Sweet pea

God help you, sweet pea.  Praying for you.  It's good you have a generator.  Pray the tornado doesn't come close.  I see Gardenia's green light on here, so I think she's on the forum.  I hope she's ok and her house is in one piece and not flooding or leaking or anything.

It's definitely good news that the storm has weakened substantially.  My mother called from Bonita Springs during the eye.  Cell service is out now and I haven't been able to reach her.  Damage was minor when we spoke.  I'm hopeful that the lower storm surge in Naples means that she will not be flooded in Bonita.  That would be just the best news I could get.

I hope everyone else is well and safe.

Hubby is not being kind now.  He thinks this is all funny.  Not laughing.  I know I am not alone in being fearful of all of this.  There has to be millions more like me than like him. 

Sweet pea

Sweet pea, it's a terrifying situation for many.  You are certainly not alone.  I hope you get thru it without much damage.  It's great that you have a generator.  My mother's neighbor has one and I hope she gets invited over there.

Update from Orlando area. Torrential rains and high gusty winds. Have had to continuously drain the pool. The lake in my back yard is very high and getting higher rapidly.  Power is off and on. Widespread tornado warnings out. And it's just started for us.  We have 6-8 more hours of this.  The eye has shifted east so it is predicted to come over us or just west of us. Very anxiety provoking. No sleep possible tonight.

Lynn, Sweet Pea, Gardenia, and all who are in the midst of this or who have loved ones who are, stay strong. We will get through this.

Will update again if possible a bit later.

XX

She

Just went out in the dark with flashlights to survey any imminent threat, lots of trees down,  tree debris everywhere.  I have calmed down considerably, knowing the worst of it is behind us.  Generator will probably last til early am.  Water surrounds the house but probably won't reach it.  Thanks for being here guys, hope everybody else in this mess will come out okay.  SheWhoMust, Gardenia, Lynn take care.

Sweet pea