Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Low iron??

[RO...]

My ferritin is 38 and saturation is 18! The chest pain and airhunger are so bad!! Been supplementing a week no change!! Anyone have this!  Omg it's acute ten fold!!

I had a blood test for that recently and mine was too high. The doc said it was because I eat too much spinach. How true! I love spinach.....But it does not bother me.

I had a blood test for that recently and mine was too high. The doc said it was because I eat too much spinach. How true! I love spinach.....But it does not bother me.

wow Popeye maybe I better go get some spinach and start eating it

• 1 month later...
I found out that I have high iron. My doctor told me it was high because I eat a lot of spinach. So if you are a spinach fan like I am, I think it's a good idea, IMO.

I found out that I have high iron. My doctor told me it was high because I eat a lot of spinach. So if you are a spinach fan like I am, I think it's a good idea, IMO.

I love spinach, Betsy.

My ferritin is 10. Can't get it up. Air hunger, palps, pressure. Don't know if it's from wd or low iron. Or is low iron a wd symptom? Ugh

My ferritin is 10. Can't get it up. Air hunger, palps, pressure. Don't know if it's from wd or low iron. Or is low iron a wd symptom? Ugh

Both!!! I do The luquid iron!!  It helps!! Do u know why urs is  so low!?

Last time I was checked I had a rare form of anemia: my ferritin was too low and my iron was too high (don't remember the number, but something outrageous). The doctor said to take iron anyway. I didn't because I know that high iron is dangerous. Still not sure what to do about it, but hope that after the taper is over my numbers improve.

If your iron is low there's a supplement called Floradix. It helped me very well when I had post partum anemia and it's safer than regular iron, also absorbs better.

I don't know why mine is so low but my mom had 4 blood transfusions in January because her blood count was 4.9 (one of my reasons for taking Ativan daily). She had a

Slow bleed From baby aspirin. Scary. My ferritin my be low because I was in birth control. I used to take floradix, but I thought the b12 in it (coabalym ir whatever it's called form) was making me sick...but now I know I was going through wd. I've heard that desiccated beef liver helps. Nothing seems To work for me though. Will try the floradix again.

My mom had fibroids that caused her count to be very low, nothing helped. She eventually got blood transfusion and hysterectomy. Now her blood count is normal. There are so many things that can cause anemia, sometimes it's hard to pin point.

Ideal - how's your mom doing? The blood transfusions kind of scare me, but they're def. life saving.

MEGAFOODS bloodbuilder is supposed to be from Whole Foods - it's the best I've found next to the floradix.

Ideal - how's your mom doing? The blood transfusions kind of scare me, but they're def. life saving.

MEGAFOODS bloodbuilder is supposed to be from Whole Foods - it's the best I've found next to the floradix.

She's doing great. She didn't like the blood transfusion, because it made her nauseous and she had fever from it, it was rough. But the hysterectomy was what did the trick for her. Her iron levels are excellent now. She regrets not doing it earlier and getting her iron to the point when blood transfusion was needed.