Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ANY COASTAL TEXANS HERE?

[wa...]

Just wondering about y'all if any are dealing with w/d and this hurricane.  Sending prayers to those who are in it or evacuated.  WBB

I'm not in withdrawal but trying to maintain a steady dose so I can start to taper. It's not flooding here yet since there hasn't been much rain today. But, it's been raining very hard now for 30 minutes. I try not to look at local TV channels since it's so much hype. :o

What region are you in, Siam?  Even on the benzodiazepine - must feel stressful.  I hope that Harvey will pick up speed and move on.  WBB

My sister lives in Shreveport, LA and they're getting bands of rain and tornado warnings.  The news said it could be as bad as Katrina.  Up to 50" of rain in some spots. 

I'm in Houston area. It's been raining extremely hard since yesterday afternoon but I live in a snd floor apt in an area that does't flood normally. Trying to find a real forecast is hard. It just sounds like lots of rain till maybe even Wednesday.

I have akathisia which is really acting up now so might try valerian root. :-\

Do you still have power, Siam?  I hope your batteries/computer is charged.  I hope you stay safe and that your akasthesia gets tamped down by the valerian.  WBB

That rain is terrible.  I've been watching it on the news.  People from our state of PA are heading down to help out.  Some people who are poor, elderly or disabled weren't able to evacuate and are now being rescued.  News segment about an assisted living facility where the residents were sitting waist deep in water waiting to be rescued.  This earth can be so cruel.  The weather is too harsh. 

I have power and cable.

It's been raining very heavy here all day but still no flooding in my apt complex. I tried going to Kroger around the corner yesterday but it is "Closed until further notice". The Randall's was open but there was only 2 lanes that wrapped around the store making it a 2 hour waiting. I decided I'm not that desperate yet. Will try maybe tomorrow if the rain lets up.

Wow, S -- How difficult this weather event has become for you.  I hope you are feeling not too stressed and the lights stay on.  Keep us apprised.  WBB

WBB, no my sister didn't contact me.  She lives near a lake so I hope she'll be ok.  I'm sure she will be.  She has a blessed life, is very happy, and has a very capable and big strong husband who can get anyone out of a jam and overcome any obstacle.