Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Any semi-pro or professional photographers here?

[Es...]

Just curious. Could use or give some tips. I'm talking about the DSLR and RAW post-processing thing.

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+damn+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5848/event.png[/img]

I dabble in it.  Feel free to PM me if you want.  I'm mostly into architectural and portrait photography.  Nikon D3 and D700, main lenses are the Nikkor 50mm and 85mm 1.8 primes, 28-70 and 17-35 2.8 zooms.  In the studio I'm using Alien Bees with a variety of soft boxes, relectors and other stuff, complimented by Nikon SB-800 speed lights for rim, hair, etc.  Pocket Wizard slaves.  Been playing around with beauty dish reflectors lately.  For processing, using Photoshop 5.1.  Always shoot in RAW.  Sometimes use Photomatix for HDR processing.  Not doing as much paid work these days due to some physical problems but I really enjoy it as a hobby.

Thank you for replying, PhotoBugSF. Congrats on your taper :thumbsup:

I'm into Kitty's artistic portraits ATM. Nothing else. Had to take a break, cause I was so sick I couldn't do it anymore. Psych meds and my disease, along with familial problems have finished me off. I have dual diagnosis.

I dream about going back to it. Cannot really imagine my life without it. Gives me an awesome "flow" state. I think it's ultimately gonna save me from all this nightmare. It made me taper benzos at an incredible pace. To just the quantity required by pdocs. 10 mg. But other areas of my life fell into pieces.

I use Nikon D610. With Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G lens. For post-processing, mainly Adobe Lightroom 6. I only shoot in RAW. The idea of sorting out the mess in my life to take up professional photography again keeps me going.

Great to find another person interested in professional photography here. I'll certainly contact you for some Nikon related issues.

Photography is this light which shines at the end of the tunnel and gives me drive to proceed with my taper and sorting out other stuff in my life.

Another dream is to translate self-help books from English into my native tongue. But that's a more distant future.

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+damn+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5848/event.png[/img]