Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sports Chat Room

[ve...]

Nobody was interested in the Bruins Vancouver series?  I remeber the last time the Bruins won the Stanley Cup  -1972, I was 10 years old and was into all the players like Bobby Orr, Derek Sanderson, Cheevers...

I followed them a bit this season (not that I'm a big hockey fan anymore) but being from Mass all my life I'm happy to see that they won - 38 years was a long time to wait!

Sara

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ve...]

• [op...]

• [Mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[3e...]

I like the Packers.  ;)

I'm not so much into football, my sport I like is Baseball.

Keryn.

Baseball  :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

With all the great NFL playoff games this past weekend I'm thinking that it might be a good time to resurrect this thread.  Anyone want to make a prediction regarding who will be in the Superbowl?

My guess is that it will be the Seahawks Vs. the Broncos with the Broncos winning.  I'm rooting for the 49ers, but they barely got past the Packers and I don't think the can beat Carolina or Seattle (if they beat the Saints).  What do ya think?  ???

Optimist

I think Seattle is the most balanced team.  I don't see the Bronco's getting past San Diego.  Defense is too weak.  Chargers have the secret to beating Denver.  Don't give Manning the ball.

I love panthers now but I just love love love peyton manning. Yesterday and today I was on edge waiting to see who denver played next week.

The Chargers surprised me by beating the Bengals, but I don't think they have enough to beat the Broncos.  Brady and the Patriots are always a threat in the playoffs.  I think they will play the Broncos for the AFC championship.  I'm hoping that the 9ers can beat Carolina, but the Panthers beat them in SF, so they've got a tough road (surprisingly the 49ers are currently favored by 1.5 points  ??? ).  I would love to see the 49ers play the Seahawks for the NFC championship since they have a bit of a rivalry brewing.  Hopefully next weeks games will be as interesting and fun to watch as this past weekend.

Optimist

Me and a friend predict a Seattle vs Denver match up. But being a loooong time SF fan I hope my prediction is

wrong. Look out for Carolina too!!

I'm in NorCal, and really more of a Raiders fan (I write that with an appropriate amount of shame  :sick: ) but since the 49ers are from the area I'm rooting for them.  I'm usually kind of a casual football fan, but I really got sucked into the playoff games last week so now I'm all in  ;D  Hopefully we'll have more good games.

Optimist

Optimist,

I am in Nor Cal too. I am not so confident about the Carolina game, they beat us this year in our house. In my dreams we beat Carolina and NO beats Seattle. Then we host NO and win and off too the Superbowl. I am dreaming big... :)

Yeah, the Saints didn't look too good today, but still had a chance at the end.  I was rooting for them  :pokey:  If the 9ers get past Carolina tomorrow then the game with Seahawks in Seattle next week will be HUGE.  Hopefully tomorrow's game is a good one.

Optimist

Optimist,

Was not expecting that :thumbsup: Now I have to figure out how to get this anxiety down...

Mmm this team has me a bit confident now, should be a fantastic game next week. Seven days is too far away... :)

Big win by SF on Sunday. Seattle v. San Fran should be a real slug fest. My long-shot Panthers let me down. Good thing I bet with Monopoly money.

Broncos will have a tough time beating NE even at home.

Yeah underthecovers, I think the Panthers beat themselves a little bit today with the penalties especially the personal fouls.  And there were a few questionable calls.  But I guess that's football  :o Nosery, you're right...next Sunday feels like a long way away.  Usually that time is used to build up the hype but I don't think the will need to build it up for Seattle vs. SF.  Broncos against Pats should be a good one too.  I still think it's going to be Seahawks/Broncos in the SuperBowl - I hope I'm wrong (I usually am - ask my wife  :laugh: )

Optimist

Hi Underthecovers,

I feel pretty lucky we beat the Panthers, the refs made a mess of things for sure. I would keep your head high regarding your team, they will be dangerous next year no doubt. Cam Newton is young and has a bright future ahead. I agree the Broncos and Pats could go either way, Manning vs Brady? Sound familiar?

Optimist,

I have plenty of friends in Seattle begging me to bet on the game, I just won't do it. Deep down I think your right guessing Seattle vs Denver for the final. Both games on Sunday will be close I predict and thrillers.

Take care,

Nosery

OK, I'll admit it. I'm a football junkie....  :-\

Go Bronco's!!! I was exhausted by the end of the game, it got a little dicey in the 4th quarter but the offensive kept River's off the field.  Bronco's have to get past New England first, that will not be an easy game. But none of them are at this stage.

pianogirl

Nosery-

I'm a Broncos fan!  I was picking the Panthers in the NFC because every year it seems some unexpected team gets hot and wins it all. Not this year, though. Probably the four best teams are left standing.  -utc

Pianogirl, since I already admitted to being a Raider fan I may as well come clean and admit to having a bit of a man crush on Peyton myself ???  ::) I would like to see the Brocos beat the Pats.  I agree Nosery that the best 4 teams got through, so that *should* make for good games this weekend.  We'll know soon. 

Optimist

Underthecovers,

Gotcha, a Broncos fan. So we got Pianogirl as a fan and now Optimist is pulling your way, I have no choice but to fall in line. I think Brady has enough rings for now anyway.

Optimist,

Three long days to go... our local media is really milking this one. Seems to me more than last year?

Hope you are well,

Nosery

Optimist,

Three long days to go... our local media is really milking this one. Seems to me more than last year?

Hope you are well,

Nosery

Yes Nosery, the media has so thoroughly covered every angle that they are now running stories about Jim Harbaugh's pants  :laugh:

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/16/5315806/jim-harbaugh-pants-khakis-walmart

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/26956233/20140103_ter_sv7_199.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

1 day to go  ;)

Optimist