Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sports Chat Room

[ve...]

Bears may have had some GB fans a little worried.  That was a pretty big hit that Rodgers took.  He could have a mild concussion from that.  Now on to the Steelers game.

V

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ve...]

• [op...]

• [Mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelers and Packers - this is going to be a good, old fashioned Superbowl!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx347/ClevelandGirl34/Graphics/football_spinning_fire_trail_sm_nwm.gif

After years of not really following boxing, I decided to flip on HBO tonight and watch a local guy Devon Alexander right in a unification title bout.  I know now why I quit watching boxing.

The bout itself was ok, and pretty even until it was stopped due to a headbutt and then they went to the score cards and awarded the titles and the bout to the other guy. There were four confirmed "accidental" headbutts in the bout and I think there may have been as many as six. Accidental or not, if you headbutt a guy six times in about eight rounds, I think you ring the bell and disqualify the guy headbutting. Seems like a cheap way to win a title through illegal means, even if it was on "accident." I believe the other guys name was Tim Bradley, and according to HBO, this was the fifth opponent he had fought in 20 something professional fights in which there were headbutting involved.

The headbutts in this fight opened up cuts on the Alexander's forehead and the doctor stopped the bout after the fourth headbutt caused him to not be able to see. It just seems like a cheap way to win a bout, and it really brought alot of boos from the crowd and from me watching at home. :)

I think I will stick to UFC and pro wrestling ;)

TC

This has turned into the Tim complains about sports thread..hehe...

Ok this isn't really a complaint..but an " I don't get it" type of moment..

The NHL is not something I watch all the time, but today without any football until 6pm, I decided to check out the NHL All Star Game. Rather than having the North America vs the World or the East Vs. West concept, we have two teams called team Lidstrom and Team Staal. The All Star game is supposed to have history. We can look up the baseball records and now exactly how many teams the NL beat the AL. We can be certain that Babe Ruth played on the AL team and never the NL team. Stan Musial played on the NL team and never the AL team. Next year, if they keep this concept in the NHL, we may have team Brown vs. team Smith. That really takes away the history of the All Star game and makes it even less meaningless to me. Hopefully, they go back to the old concept and scrap this one.

It was even hard to find the game today. I thought it would be on national tv. I searched NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox, no luck.  I then thought, certainly Espn? No. I thought ok, wow, regulated to ESPN2. No. It is on a channel called Versus. I know the NHL shows many games on this channel throughout the year, and it makes sense the All Star game might be on this channel, but I don't think this channel is nearly as popular as EPSN or the other sports channels, nor do I think it is available in as many areas.

Ok, that is my sports rant for the day...

I am getting ready for the Pro Bowl and I am certainly ready for the Super Bowl.

:)

TC

Congrats to the Packers.

My prediction was 30-24 a few posts ago (final score was 31-25 ;)). 

Vertigo

Good call Verti  :thumbsup:

Congrats to the Green Bay Packers for a great season - maybe we won't have to hear so much about Brett Favre in the media anymore  :o

Now that football season is over and the start of spring training is only a week away it's time to start focusing on whether or not the SF Giants can repeat as World Series Champions.  ;D

Don't Stop Believing

:laugh:

RV

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goin with Pittsburg to win the NCAA tournament.   That's my official pick. 

Vertigo

Pittsburg? Doh! ;) It was a good game though.

I'm waiting for opening day of the Baseball season :)

Since there is no Major League team in WV (good college sports though), I'm a fan of the Washington Nationals  :-[

Hi Guys,

Every year my husband prints out NCAA brackets for all 4 of us (him, me, and our 2 sons) to fill out. 

This year, I saw in the Wall Street Journal that they had a way for us to fill out brackets where they gave information about all the teams playing without letting you know who the teams actually are...Is it called a "blind bracket"?  I can't remember.

Anyway, that is what I decided to use this year in filling out my bracket.  After filling the whole thing out, I came up with Marquette, Michigan, St. Johns, and Kansas in the Final Four, with St. Johns beating Michigan in the finals.  :D

At least Kansas and Marquette are still "in"! 

~Leena :)  (Cwj, my husband is a die-hard Houston Astros fan...LOVES baseball!)

Leena,

The brackets are fun. I love that whole March Madness Tourney, you just neve know who's going to win.

I'm a hard core Minnesota Twins fan myself. :thumbsup:

Bring on the nice weather!