Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sports Chat Room

[ve...]

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ve...]

• [op...]

• [Mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bev - me and the hubby were at Candlestick Park on October 17, 1989 for the Bay Bridge World Series when the earthquake hit.

We were A's fans then ;)

Hey Bev - me and the hubby were at Candlestick Park on October 17, 1989 for the Bay Bridge World Series when the earthquake hit.

We were A's fans then ;)

OMG!!!!  That must have been super scary!!!  Was there much damage to the park?

Yeah - it was closed for the longest time because it was "unstable".  I've gotta tell ya, it scared the living crap out of us.  The World Series was put on hold for a short time as well.

The problem we had was the gridlock traffic which kept us from getting home.  The Cyprus Freeway had pancaked down and a section of the Bay Bridge collapsed and the only way across the bay was the Golden Gate, which they closed off.  We spent all night in a panic inching our way north trying to escape and get home. It was like being in a horror movie.  I'll bet plenty of people were given benzos after that :D

Anyway....the A's won the Series. ;)

Hey Missy.  I was in San Francisco at work on 10/17/89.  Me and some co-workers headed to her apartment in the Marina district, thinking we'd avoid getting on bridges.  Ooops.  There were gas leaks and fires down there but there was an ice cream shop giving out free ice cream :thumbsup:.  We also spent about four hours getting across the East Bay on the San Mateo Bridge which was still open.  Yep, the Giants lost that one too :(.  Maybe the Rangers can beat the Yankees?

Best,

Vertigo (no more)

Yeah - it was closed for the longest time because it was "unstable".  I've gotta tell ya, it scared the living crap out of us.  The World Series was put on hold for a short time as well.

The problem we had was the gridlock traffic which kept us from getting home.  The Cyprus Freeway had pancaked down and a section of the Bay Bridge collapsed and the only way across the bay was the Golden Gate, which they closed off.  We spent all night in a panic inching our way north trying to escape and get home. It was like being in a horror movie.  I'll bet plenty of people were given benzos after that :D

Anyway....the A's won the Series. ;)

WOW!!!  What a frightening experience that must have been, Missy.  And you're right, it does sound like something out of a horror movie - scary!!!!  But YAY for the A's!!!!  :)

Loved the Yankees game yesterday! (sorry guys, I'm a big fan of A-Rod and crew)  And today I have my fingers and toes crossed for the Giants.

Hey V - it's Saturday!

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Greeting%20Cards/thfriends-141.jpg

Hey Missy. I like that much better than the  >:D sign :pokey::).

Should be a "w" today for the Longhorns.  Next week against Baylor may be a little tougher though.

Hey, how about those Rangers :thumbsup:

Another choke by the Longhorns after beating Nebraska last week!  Oh well, it's gonna be ugly next week against Baylor.  Don't know if I can watch :'(.

Great game between Wisconson and Iowa.  Also, how about Mizzou beating Oklahoma :yippee:.

That's why it's college footaball, very unpredictable sometimes.

Congrats to the Giants and Rangers.

I'm torn too, about the Giants and Rangers, but any team that beat the Yankees, gotta luv 'em.  Sorry, lived in Beantown all my life...

And it's Sunday and I'm hoping for a Pat's win.

http://www.iamsecond.com/#/seconds/Josh_Hamilton/

Hi guys (and gals)...I am tiptoeing out of my comfort zone into the sports thread :)

Being a Texan...and having a sister-in-law in Dallas who is THE most faithful, die-hard Texas Rangers fan EVER (she is approaching 70 and has NEVER given up on them)...I have sort of been following their season.  I had already been very impressed by Josh Hamilton, having viewed the above video several months ago.  But then, when he was able to come back to play just a few weeks after fracturing a couple of his ribs, I was even more impressed (having had an accident in '09 where I broke ribs of my own and knowing how incredibly painful the recovery was). :sick:

The video from I Am 2nd might be more legitimately posted on the Faith and Philosophy thread, but I think listening to him talk about his earlier downfall due to drugs and alcohol makes his comeback to baseball an incredibly  inspiring sports story!  GO TEXAS RANGERS!!!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

~Leena :smitten:  (tiptoeing out....)

Leena - you and your tiptoeing :laugh:

I may have to root for the Rangers simply because they've never been to the Series. Still up in the air...

I'm hoping for Giants and Rangers :thumbsup:

Whoop, Whoop!!!!!  Go Giants  :thumbsup:

What a game that was on Saturday  :yippee:

Go SF Giants!!!  Woot Woot!

I'm hoping for Giants and Rangers :thumbsup:

Whoop, Whoop!!!!!  Go Giants  :thumbsup:

What a game that was on Saturday  :yippee:

Go SF Giants!!!  Woot Woot!

That was quite the game last night.  Giants have a nice new stadium (I remember Candlestick), and looking at the Bay shots brought back good memories.

Fear the Beard!

GO GIANTS!!!! :yippee:

:thumbsup:

I was a great game last night, wasn't it Missy?  I was at the park about a month ago and it's gorgeous!

I found something cute for my hubby today - Tim Lincecum and Brian Wilson pumpkin carving stencils!!!  :laugh:

We should have fun doing those tomorrow, and as pumpkins are orange it seems quite appropriate really.  Brian Wilson's beard cracks me up!!!