Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sports Chat Room

[ve...]

Baseball playoffs have been interesting..

It looks like Texas might finally win a playoff series..yay....I am not a big fan..but it would be great to see them actually win a playoff series..I am a little spoiled as a Cardinal fan...they tend to make the playoffs most years....and I guess we take that for granted....

The Reds look terrible..I can't stand the Reds..this amuses me :)

The Braves and Giants series is really..really good...and so far..in my opinion...the best of the four series...and maybe the one that goes five games..

TC

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ve...]

• [op...]

• [Mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned it off about 11PM last night, Giants were leading 4-1,  I think.  Woke up to a pleasant surprise, another extra inning game :thumbsup:.  Braves seem to have some fight in em.   Sorry Opti ;).   The price of Sunday's tickets just went up!  I saw part of the Phillies game.  Phillies have a good team, almost did the Braves in to end the season.  Have not followed the Texas series like I should.  

In College football today, I'm calling for South Carolina to beat Alabama and to cover any spread.  Also look for a close one between Stanford and USC.  Both lost tough games last week.  Michian/Michigan State looks like another good one.  I'll go with Michigan to win that one.

Cheers,

V (NM)

Last night's Giant's/Braves game was a bitter pill to swallow (but not as bitter as a benzo :laugh: ) and ended around 1:15am EST.  I remember when I lived on the east coast and I would come into work bleary eyed because I had stayed up late watching west coast sports.  Of course that was long before my benzo experience (and before I had a DVR  :) ).  Atlanta has the momentum now, I'm hoping the Giants can get it back.  STOP THE CHOP!  :tickedoff:

Don't follow college football much but Stanford is somewhat local so I wouldn't mind seeing them beat USC (always have to root for NorCal over SoCal).

Have a good weekend benzo buddies  :thumbsup:

RV

Hey Opti.  That's a good one about the Giants game last night not being as bitter a pill as a benzo ;D.  The DVR does come in handy, doesn't it!  I really need to get one.  I predicted this morninig that #1 Alabama would fall to South Carolina :yippee:.  Just checked the USC score and they are leading Stanford by a touchdown.  That would be two pretty good upsets for the day.  Still early in the Stanford game though.  You just never know with college football.  Well, good luck to the Braves tomorrow ;).

V (no more)

Hockey is a fun sport to watch too.  I really enjoyed the Olympic hockey.  Guess its not as popular down here in the South. 

Opti, game is on now.  Last I checked it was 1-0 in favor of the Giants.  May the best team win!  You got your wish. Stanford beat USC last night (it was after 11PM here) with a game ending field goal with no time left.  USC has scored a touchdown to go up with about a minute to play and choked like they did on defense last week against Washington.    Fun game to watch though.  I was just pleased to see Alabama go down.  Texas will no doubt lose to Nebraska next weekend.

Cheers,

V (no more)

You got me Opti.  All the games have been hard fought but the Giants showed a lot of character to come back in the 9th inning after the Braves rally. 

TC. You can't say the 49ers don't have talent and ability but they did self destruct.  I really thought they were going to tie it up at the end there.  Too many penalties and just not coming together for them.  I don't believe they deserve 0-5 record they have.  I think they can beat the Raiders next week, but we'll see.

Well, hope everyone has a good week.

Vertigo (no more)

V,

The game I saw.....the Niners lost and went 0 and 5..and the fans chanted "We Want CARR!"....

No team has ever started 0-5..as far as I know..and made the playoffs....certainly ot 0 and 6 where is where SF could be after next week...

It will be interesting to see what the line is on that game..the Raiders beat the Chargers...and I don't think you can make the arguement that a winless team is better than the Chargers...although after watching the Rams who are 2 and 3 get a shelling by the Lions....I may think the Niners are at least as good as the Rams....that was truly a horrible game...

The Niners need something...I am not sure if it is a change to David Carr..they played a spirited second half for sure.....maybe it is just a matter of putting it all together.....right now..I guess the Cardinals with Max Hall...are the faves in the West....that is kind of sad...

TC

So the Twins lost to the Yankees in 3 -- AGAIN!!!! And to say they "lost" is putting it kindly. The Twins were abysmal, they had virtually no spark and didn't even make a game of it, save the first 5 innings of the first game. Something is sorely missing. No punch, no spark...  :'( :'(

And the Vikings... UGH. This Favre stuff in the media sounds so bleak. This could ruin the remainder of his career. And if it all turns out to be true, then he deserves it. All I can say is, if it is true, WHAT A DOLT!!!  What's with athletes and their sense of supremacy and entitlement to the point that they think that none of the normal, civilized rules of society apply!?!  I guess when we idolize them so and pay them these ungodly sums, they just lose all perspective. At least a fair share of them do.

I wish this crap were not on my mind. I wish I could just enjoy a nice Monday night game and perhaps I will. But as a Vikings fan I don't need the Tiger Woods-esque side story of whether Favre can handle the added pressure. Again, assuming this is true, it's just plain UGLY and a HUGE DISGRACE.

Where have gone the days when all we had to worry about was Randy Moss saying something stupid about playing when he wants to play? 

I guess, best not to convict Favre before he's had his day in court. But it's all looking pretty bleak.

Great Giants/Braves series - every game was a nail biter.  The teams were pretty evenly matched Verti. Good thing I'm post-benzo now - not sure I could have taken it while tapering  :laugh: It's too bad for the Braves that 2 of their best players were injured.  Well, for the Giants it's on to the Phillies. 

With the way the Raiders pulled that game out against the Chargers I might have to start rooting for them again  :D

Not much of a hockey fan, but when the Sharks play well I don't mind jumping on the bandwagon  :laugh:

Hope you all are doing well,

RV

You're right Opti.  It was a hard fought and fair series, nothing dirty.  Also, the Giants has some class to show some respect to Bobby Cox.   Truth be told, I lived in the Bay Area for ten years and was not so upset to see the Giants advance.  My son was more disappointed.  I was also rooting for the niners to beat Philadelphia but they beat themselves first.  I actually think they can beat the Raiders next week if they regroup and develop their discipline a bit more.  

Well, the Philly series should be a good one too.  Personally, I'd rather see more hits than pitching duels!  At this point, I generally wait for the World Series to drum up interest in baseball, just not a huge fan :pokey::).  Adding to that, my wife hates baseball, like Chinese water torture to her, but she can watch a football game in its entirety ;).

Albie, condolences on the Yankees.  I'll root against them for you!  As for Favre, I stayed up last night to see the incredible come back but just shy of what they needed to win in the end.  Regardless of his personal life, he never gives up, eh?  Moss and Favre are going to do some great things together!  What a pass and catch Moss made, unbelievable.

Best,

Vertigo (no more)

Hey TC.  The Niner fans who chanted "we want Carr" were obviously disappointed and the mob mentality can be contagious.  I think they will give Smith another chance after he redeemed himself after the mishap turnover.  Yes, he needs to get more consistent and the team needs to rally.  I think the niners will beat the Raiders next week.  Crabtree will play a big role.  Of course I was wrong about the Phillies this past weekend but I really think this is a team whose record does not indicate their abilities. Not saying they will make the playoffs but stranger things have happened.

Bevoir.  Stop gloating :).

Cheers,

V

I don’t like the Reds because of Marge Schott and Texas because they were once owned by Bush!  :laugh:

I don't like the Reds due to Dusty Baker...and because Johnny Cueto continously kicked Jason LaRue in the face..and ended his career..good riddance Reds...swept in the playoffs...couldn't have happened to a better group of chumps :)

TC

Hey TC.  The Niner fans who chanted "we want Carr" were obviously disappointed and the mob mentality can be contagious.  I think they will give Smith another chance after he redeemed himself after the mishap turnover.  Yes, he needs to get more consistent and the team needs to rally.  I think the niners will beat the Raiders next week.  Crabtree will play a big role.  Of course I was wrong about the Phillies this past weekend but I really think this is a team whose record does not indicate their abilities. Not saying they will make the playoffs but stranger things have happened.

Bevoir.  Stop gloating :).

Cheers,

V

V,

I think sometimes the back up quarter back is always the guy everyone wants until he gets into the game ;)

I think I will take the Niners over the Raiders this week as well....

As far as Favre..heck of a player..but a trainwreck of a personal life.....I have there is a possiblity that three women now....are making similar claims..I hope this isn't true....

I was said to see Moss go from my Pats...

It is hard for me to root for the Vikes..because I can't take them seriously...with Favre retiring/unretiring..avoiding camp.....he has probably cost them all three losses.....by being a bit rusty...although I enjoyed his near comeback..imagine how good he would be playing if he could bring himself to show up at training camp along with the other 52 guys that make the team :)

Baseball playoffs...wow...go Phillies? I don't really have a favorite....although it would be funny to see Texas win it all....

TC

My neices and nephew live in Texas and they are just beside themselves over the Rangers,

Btw, what on earth has happened to my NO Saints (other than some major injuries)? :-\

Great day for sports yesterday.

Yankees lost :yippee:

Texas upset Nebraska :yippee:

Lots of other close games including Wisconson/Ohio State

Giants won :thumbsup:

Look for the 49ers to win their first game today against the Raiders

Cheers,

V

I was so excited about Texas!  I like the Giants too because Eli is from Ole Miss.

Come on Niners and Saints!http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Smileys/cheerleader.gif