Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Gaming/WoW

[...]

Hi buddies

Since many of us are much more reclusive these days- wanted to see if anyone on here plays any Xbox or computer games they really enjoy.

I bought an Xbox very early on in withdrawal and it helped take my mind off things quite a bit. Although I am terrible at first person shooting games.

After playing that for a while I bought world of Warcraft which I absolutely love! I used to play for a bit 6-7 years ago.

I was very rusty at first and still am learning but I was surprised how much it took my mind off of withdrawal. I was forced to pay attention to what was going on and think quickly while multi tasking in the game. I believe it has really helped my cognitive abilities.

And on top of that you are in an alternate world with thousands of other people. So there is lots of interacting and conversation. Being that my real life social life has been temporary damaged, it was nice to talk to people and interact regularly. And to think many of these people are playing  all the time and are not even in withdrawal!

There are of course some a-holes in the game that I have to set on ignore but for the most part it has been a pleasant experience.

I suspect the more healed I become the less I will play but it has truly been a helpful tool during this miserable process of recovery.

Anyone else partake?

I have been playing wow since it came out. Only game I play! My character is Stratocastr on dalaran server. I play a lot, but have been in a really bad wave this week so have not been on. Pm me your reasl is if you want! I'm really enjoying this expansion!

Hey Billy!

Long time no talk! Didn't realize you were still on BB.

That's awesome that you play. I am on Dalaran too!

My main is a resto druid named Drudeez.

I'll add you in game  :thumbsup:

Hey Billy!

Long time no talk! Didn't realize you were still on BB.

That's awesome that you play. I am on Dalaran too!

My main is a resto druid named Drudeez.

I'll add you in game  :thumbsup:

Awsome! My real ID is brooklynny#11103 You must be horde because it says player not found

Yea all my toons  are horde unfortunately. I feel like they do a little better in PVP. That's why I couldn't find you either  :-\

If you end up starting a horde let me know and vice versa if I start alliance.

Have you completed TOS? Heroic? What's your class/ilevel?

Iwish- let me know if you start playing it can be tricky to begin with so I'm glad to help or give advice!