Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Paul McCartney died in 1966?!!!

[Gr...]

On FB today I read that recently Ringo Starr gave an interview and said that Paul McCartney died in 1966 but they covered it up with a young man that looked like Paul and actually was better musically. Now since Ringo is 74 he doesn't want that secret to die with him - that's why he's talking about it.

Holy Cow!!! Could this be true?  :o

I think Ringo Starr was actually abducted by the underwater aliens, which inspired him to write 'Yellow Submarine". The song is actually a result of that very experience he went through. After his 2nd alien abduction, Ringo wrote "Octopus's Garden"  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:

Good one LF!  :2funny: :2funny:

Ever notice that Ringo was not pictured in an actual interview? I thought Lennon saying this is more accurate.

Lennon referred to the myth in 1971's How Do You Sleep?, his vitriolic attack on McCartney from the Imagine album. The song contains the lines: "Those freaks was right when they said you was dead, the one mistake you made was in your head." So Lennon like of him. Guess they didn't get along back then, :2funny: but soo many lawsuits that eventually closed Apple Corp. (get the joke they meant it to be but few got it?)

Ever notice that Ringo was not pictured in an actual interview? I thought Lennon saying this is more accurate.

Lennon referred to the myth in 1971's How Do You Sleep?, his vitriolic attack on McCartney from the Imagine album. The song contains the lines: "Those freaks was right when they said you was dead, the one mistake you made was in your head." So Lennon like of him. Guess they didn't get along back then, :2funny: but soo many lawsuits that eventually closed Apple Corp. (get the joke they meant it to be but few got it?)

"When asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world, John Lennon replied that he wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles.".  - That was so Lennon, too. :)

"When asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world, John Lennon replied that he wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles.".  - That was so Lennon, too. :)

You are right. So typical Lennon-ese. Now Ringo is considered one of the best in the world. I guess he had a lot of practice...... :laugh:

You are right. So typical Lennon-ese. Now Ringo is considered one of the best in the world. I guess he had a lot of practice...... :laugh:

Honestly, I don't know what to think of that band, anymore. When I was a kid I always liked Paul more, as I loved pure pop music. When I was in high school, I had a few friends that were John Lennon worshippers, who considered McCartney a sellout.In my 20's, I started listening to some of Paul's and John's solo work , and it all sounded pretty poppy to me.

In my 30's, I started to realize how unappreciated George Harrison was in that band. If it wasn't for his playing abilities, maybe all the Lennon/McCartney songwriting would not have such impact. Plus George, had a great songwriting talent, constantly living in the shadows of Paul and John.

Back in the 90's I accidentally ran into this band called Galaxie 500 and loved their music. And one of their best songs was

the one called "Isn't it a Pity". They usually did not do covers, but it was by pure chance that I realized that "Isn't it a Pity' was originally written by George Harrison himself, and to me that song was just as good or even better than anything Paul and John wrote after the Beatles' breakup. And I may crack a joke about Ringo, but he was a pretty darn good drummer. I think some of the Beatles songs would have just fallen apart without his drumming.

I agree. I think George was very under appreciated. He wrote 100 songs by the the The Beatles broke up. John and Paul only allowed Harrison two songs per album. Music critics think the three album set of All Thing Must Pass is the greatest rock album ever. I'm with them, though Sgt. Pepper's comes close. Ringo was so mellow he didn't give a s**t.

All Things Must Pass.

It's true.  Paul ventured too close to the edge of the flat earth, slipped and fell off.  Terrible way to go.

What ACTUALLY happened in 1966 was that Paul crashed his moped and got a chipped tooth. I guess he had to be replaced after that bad accident as he did not have the MONEY to get it fixed. His dentist gave him and John LSD instead. :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

LF:  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Honestly, I don't know what to think of that band, anymore. When I was a kid I always liked Paul more, as I loved pure pop music. When I was in high school, I had a few friends that were John Lennon worshippers, who considered McCartney a sellout.In my 20's, I started listening to some of Paul's and John's solo work , and it all sounded pretty poppy to me.

In my 30's, I started to realize how unappreciated George Harrison was in that band. If it wasn't for his playing abilities, maybe all the Lennon/McCartney songwriting would not have such impact. Plus George, had a great songwriting talent, constantly living in the shadows of Paul and John.

Back in the 90's I accidentally ran into this band called Galaxie 500 and loved their music. And one of their best songs was

the one called "Isn't it a Pity". They usually did not do covers, but it was by pure chance that I realized that "Isn't it a Pity' was originally written by George Harrison himself, and to me that song was just as good or even better than anything Paul and John wrote after the Beatles' breakup. And I may crack a joke about Ringo, but he was a pretty darn good drummer. I think some of the Beatles songs would have just fallen apart without his drumming.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's true.  Paul ventured too close to the edge of the flat earth, slipped and fell off.  Terrible way to go.

PB:

I think you are a member of the Flat Earth Society? :2funny:

PB:

Wrong.  I'm a reptilian from Zeta Riticuli.  There are many of us living among you.

PB:

Wrong.  I'm a reptilian from Zeta Riticuli.  There are many of us living among you.

SSHH!!!You are not authorized to release that information.

PB:

Yes, they're supposed to stick to their own support forum called BenzoLizzies. This is against forum rules  :laugh:

PB:

Yes, they're supposed to stick to their own support forum called BenzoLizzies. This is against forum rules :laugh:

:laugh:

PB:

Should I buy rodent spray?