Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Chameleons drummer John Lever dies

[Lo...]

Argh.  I'm sorry, LF.  I don't know this musician, but my high school boyfriend and first love was a guitarist from childhood until the day he died, which was yesterday.  I'm listening to some of his music right now. 

Talented musicians gone too young.

:'(

Argh.  I'm sorry, LF.  I don't know this musician, but my high school boyfriend and first love was a guitarist from childhood until the day he died, which was yesterday.  I'm listening to some of his music right now. 

Talented musicians gone too young.

:'(

Thanks, Challis.

I'm so sorry for your loss, too. It's true how so many are gone too young. The strangest thing is that John (the guy on the very right of the picture) always seemed and appeared more healthy and vital than the rest of the band, which makes it even more shocking.

This is probably one of my most  favorite bands, and their music always had the power to keep me out of depressive funk for many, many years. It's still very helpful to me while going through this process.

He took me to my first concerts...Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, Grace Slick and the Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, at the Fillmore in Haight-Ashbury....

Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks, too.  Not sure whatever happened to them.  Lol.

The memories are both comforting and painful.

He took me to my first concerts...Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, Grace Slick and the Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, at the Fillmore in Haight-Ashbury....

Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks, too.  Not sure whatever happened to them.  Lol.

The memories are both comforting and painful.

Yes, a lot of San Francisco memories come back to me, too. Have not been there in 7 years. I always loved walking around and exploring all kinds of ethnic foods they had. I remember all these tiny restaurants in Chinatown where someone would just sit right next to you for lunch and just start talking. Always liked the friendly vibe of the Bay Area. I had an opportunity to even move there 7-8 years ago, but I would have needed a six figure salary to survive there. I still get haunted by the "what ifs" and if that would have been a better move for me, regardless. I felt really sad when I stopped working there, and I think I sank into a lot of heavy anxiety & depression partly because of that. Yes, the bittersweet memories....