Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tiger Woods DUI for prescription drugs

[Be...]

Tiger booked the entire male wing of the detox center at Jupiter Medical Center.  Here's what he said recently:

"I’m currently receiving professional help to manage my medications and the ways that I deal with back pain and a sleep disorder. I want to thank everyone for the amazing outpouring of support and understanding especially the fans and players on tour."

We're not getting the whole story on what he's doing to manage his drug problem.  I wonder what that statement means?  I read earlier that he checked himself into detox at Jupiter Medical Center, but then Father's Day he was out going to a movie with his kids.  I'm curious about him taking benzo's and opiates together and that DUI.  Sleep disorder?  I wonder how he'll manage that?  Keep taking the Xanax?  He must have had his sleep disorder years ago when he wrecked his SUV on Ambien?

He was in detox before for a drug problem.  Here's a quote from a news article:

In 2010 he entered The Meadows treatment center in Wickburg, Arizona, to battle addictions to Vicodin and the sleeping medication Ambien. 

He also went for inpatient treatment for a sex addiction.  Sounds like Tiger's got an addictive personality. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [be...]

• [Ga...]

• [Lo...]

Just read that Tiger Woods is deathly afraid of his own mother, who, he said, was the disciplinarian in the the family.  He doesn't even like to get a phone call from her before a tournament.  His parents separated and lived in separate homes before his father died.  I wonder if all this family disharmony has anything to do with his inner turmoil of sexcapades and subsequent drug use?  Also read that he doesn't want people getting close to him.  He seems like a very private person.  No wonder he can't keep a steady girlfriend.  I wonder if he's lonely?  Maybe he needed Xanax to calm down?

And we know what happens there......Maybe he'll join BB. His online name should be "nogolf." :laugh:

Bets, I thought the same thing.  Maybe he'll join bb.  I hope so.  I'd like to talk to him.  I'd like to marry him.  I wouldn't have to worry about money then.  I can caddy for him.  I used to caddy for my dad once in awhile when I was younger.  I hope he doesn't read this thread if he joins.  Oops. 

Bets, I thought the same thing.  Maybe he'll join bb.  I hope so.  I'd like to talk to him.  I'd like to marry him.  I wouldn't have to worry about money then.  I can caddy for him.  I used to caddy for my dad when once in awhile when I was younger.  I hope he doesn't read this thread if he joins.  Oops.

You can delete it. :laugh:

He's never going to get well until he grasps a firm understanding of benzos and the effects they have on your brain...saad!

• 2 weeks later...
Tiger completes his intensive rehab, he tweets today.  I wonder what that means?  Did he quit taking the painkillers and Xanax?  If not, he could still be in for some trouble down the road. 

• 1 month later...
Toxicology came back on Tiger and they found five drugs in his system when he got his DUI:  Dilaudid, Vicodin, Xanax, Ambien, and Marijuana.  No wonder he fell asleep at the wheel.  He had his wreck a few years ago taking the Ambien.  I wonder if he's been on it the whole time?  Wonder how long he's been on the Xanax? 

Toxicology came back on Tiger and they found five drugs in his system when he got his DUI:  Dilaudid, Vicodin, Xanax, Ambien, and Marijuana.  No wonder he fell asleep at the wheel.  He had his wreck a few years ago taking the Ambien.  I wonder if he's been on it the whole time?  Wonder how long he's been on the Xanax?

It's amazing to me that people think they can take all this stuff and think they can drive?

No wonder there's so many wrecks.

I heard about people doing stuff on Ambien that they don't even know they're doing.  A friend of mine told me that he knew someone who got out of bed and drove the car after taking Ambien and didn't even know she did it.  Maybe he was in a black out and then passed out? 

I only took Ambien twice but I really enjoyed it as messed up as that sounds. It was before I became dependent on benzos. When my mom was getting chemo she had a bunch of them that she never took. I ended up eating about 50mg of Ambien and stayed awake just to see what would happen. It was definitely the most euphoric I have ever been in such a hypnotic and tranquil state. I ended up taking a shower with the lights turned off. I'm lucky I didn't slip. I had full blown, dream-like visual hallucinations. I was dreaming I think while taking a shower. I don't really remember what happened after that. Never took Ambien again after that time. It is probably one of the most addicting highs I ever experienced. Scary and seductive drug.

I took one Ambien once along time ago, made me sleep walk.  Used to do that when I was younger once in a while.  NEVER again, pretty scary when you find yourself doing something that could be dangerous.  Since I refused the Ambien the psydoc prescribed klonopin instead ~ so here I am now, but at least not sleep walking.

Sweet pea

I used to sleep walk too when I was a kid, but not when I took the Ambien.  Had bad anxiety the next day after taking it the night before.  I wonder if Tiger has tolerance or interdose w/d problems?  I wonder if that's why he can have a real temper on the golf course? 

I think he started losing when he got the back problems and had so much pain.  He could have been the greatest golfer ever.

I think he started losing when he got the back problems and had so much pain.  He could have been the greatest golfer ever.

He was, for a while. Then that affair thing kicked in. Anyway, he has enough money so he never has to work again............Lucky him.

Right, and every resource at his disposal. Its really inexuseable when you have all of that privilege and access to medical care and you basically throw it away. It kind of turns my stomach. Soo many sufferers cannot afford access to the proper care they need and want it desperately.