Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tiger Woods DUI for prescription drugs

[Be...]

On the news tonight I heard Tiger Woods got a DUI.  He said it was from a mixture of prescription drugs and not alcohol.  I know he's had a few back surgeries.  I heard when he got in his infamous car wreck years ago while driving he was taking Ambien.  I wonder if he's on painkillers, benzo's and Z-drugs (Ambien)?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [be...]

• [Ga...]

• [Lo...]

Read an article that says he refused a sobriety test and a breath test, so I would guess he was drinking. Might be a combo of drugs and alcohol, though.

I think back in 2009 when he got his first  DUI, it was a combination of Vicodin and Ambien. This time, they are saying it's not alcohol related, either. We'll see what it is once his tox screens come back.

Too bad he made a decision to drive. He's wealthy enough to call a cab/have his own driver. I'm glad nobody got hurt.

He has such good judgment on the golf course, but in real life it all goes out the window.  He's an interesting person.  Maybe he thinks he invincible?  Even driving while under the influence?  I wonder if cops follow him around or wait for him to go drive since he got in that accident years earlier and wasn't charged?  I didn't think he got a DUI for that car wreck since the cops weren't involved? 

He has such good judgment on the golf course, but in real life it all goes out the window.  He's an interesting person.  Maybe he thinks he invincible?  Even driving while under the influence?  I wonder if cops follow him around or wait for him to go drive since he got in that accident years earlier and wasn't charged?  I didn't think he got a DUI for that car wreck since the cops weren't involved?

It's hard to say, Becks. The guy was at the top of his golf career for so many years and really is a true talent. I wonder if all that stress and pressure to stay on top of his career just made him neglect other areas of his life and go into all these destructive directions. I feel like there might have been a serious lack of balance and priorities in his life. I think he could have easily retired while on top of his game and maybe settled for a quieter, less demanding life. Maybe all that professional success is not all that it's cracked up to be.

I honestly thing the man should forget about golf for a while and get help and get his life back on tracks while he's still emotionally and financially able. The tabloids are going to rip him to shreds, and he probably will need to stop driving for his own good and hire a driver for him and deal with whatever med dependencies he has with the right help. He can emerge out of this a wiser man, and I sure hope he does.

He'll lose his license for awhile.  That will be quite humiliating for him, I'm sure.  Just heard on the news that he was asleep in his vehicle on the side of the road and his vehicle had 2 flat tires and some damage, which is why the cops stopped to see what was going on.  Sounds like he was passed out rather than sleeping.  Cops said he was confused when they talked to him.  I wonder if he needs help for drug abuse?  I wonder if he's addicted to painkillers?  I read on one report that they found Vioxx on him which is illegal now.  He could be in very serious trouble if he's buying illegal pills too. 

It's hard to say, Becks. The guy was at the top of his golf career for so many years and really is a true talent. I wonder if all that stress and pressure to stay on top of his career just made him neglect other areas of his life and go into all these destructive directions. I feel like there might have been a serious lack of balance and priorities in his life. I think he could have easily retired while on top of his game and maybe settled for a quieter, less demanding life. Maybe all that professional success is not all that it's cracked up to be.

I honestly thing the man should forget about golf for a while and get help and get his life back on tracks while he's still emotionally and financially able. The tabloids are going to rip him to shreds, and he probably will need to stop driving for his own good and hire a driver for him and deal with whatever med dependencies he has with the right help. He can emerge out of this a wiser man, and I sure hope he does.

He was driving a $250,000 Mercedes, he can afford a driver.  :laugh:

He will get an attorney and get off light, I bet.

He was driving a $250,000 Mercedes, he can afford a driver.  :laugh:

He will get an attorney and get off light, I bet.

I think any charges are the least of his problems. The way he drove, he could have ended up being dead. He's lucky to be alive.

He's lucky he didn't kill himself or someone else. I wonder what happened that he had two flat tires and damage to his car?  I wonder if he damaged someone else's car or property?  Maybe he ran someone off the road and they got injured or worse?  We don't know yet.  Now the news says he had four different medications in him which included Vicodin.  Local news then did a segment on "drug driving" they call it rather than drunk driving.  They say it will surpass drunk driving. 

What was going on with Tiger that night?  Did he have a fight with a girlfriend and had to leave her place or something? 

What was going on with Tiger that night?  Did he have a fight with a girlfriend and had to leave her place or something?

He owns a restaurant. I'm thinking he was there and driving home?

I don't know how much he runs it. It's supposed to be nice.

He was on vicodin. Plus other non controlled substances that made him tired. I'm a guessing he got like this just like M. Jackson did. He never had a childhood and once he got famous, he lost it. Remember him having an affair and his wife kicked him out? Also, I doubt much will happen to him. He passed the breath test and since he had his script bottles with him, they'll just slap his hand...He looked so terrible in that mug shot. I could not believe it was him. I feel sorry for him.

I sometimes get amazed by how celebrities get idolized and treated like Gods when at their peak and get completely demonized and ridiculed when they hit the rock bottom. He did put himself and others in danger which was definitely a big no-no, but it's kind of sad that he didn't even recognize that he was unfit to drive that night. But, yes, I agree that he didn't have much of a childhood and had this extraordinary gift for the game of golf. But the celebrity status got to him, and there was a long history of martial problems, etc. Sometimes, I wonder for someone who is so career-driven like he was, if a marriage was the right thing for him. Perhaps there was a point in his life where he had to choose and perhaps stay single and continue full-on with his career, or dial back down a bit on golf and be more of a family man, or just drop out of the whole competitive game and focus on being a husband and a father. There was probably a time in his life where the issues he was dealing with were relatively minor, and it's kind of sad that he didn't really pick a right path for him or at least had a friend or someone who could help him choose the right direction in his life....

Look at Jack Nicklaus, the greatest golfer ever, IMO.  He had a family and a successful golfing career at the same time.  Tiger's got quirks in his personality that won't allow him to be the best golfer of all time.  Never heard about all that cheating and drug-taking with Nicklaus or Arnold Palmer.  Tiger's got a screw loose upstairs, IMO, and probably always has. He needs therapy, IMO. 

Look at Jack Nicklaus, the greatest golfer ever, IMO.  He had a family and a successful golfing career at the same time.  Tiger's got quirks in his personality that won't allow him to be the best golfer of all time.  Never heard about all that cheating and drug-taking with Nicklaus or Arnold Palmer.  Tiger's got a screw loose upstairs, IMO, and probably always has. He needs therapy, IMO.

I am really no fan of Tiger's, nor do I care much about golf, anyway. Not even defending what he did. The guy's going to get thrashed and ridiculed by all the media and tabloids anyway, so I don't want to add to it myself. I was merely curious what happened to him.  If you say that "Tiger's got a screw loose upstairs", doesn't that imply that he was kind of like that from the start? Maybe it was his father who put so much pressure on him to succeed that the young Tiger never had a chance to properly adjust as a person.

A lot of times, there are some deeply ingrained family patterns that get passed from one generation to another.

http://people.com/celebrity/report-dads-cheating-ways-tortured-tiger/

Yes, my own father wasn't a golfer, but he drank too much and also chased women while married. He was definitely not my role model by any means, although his good side would surface every now and then.

On the other hand, my mom put up with the abuse and worked full-time and took care of me. She was my role model. She did take benzos, too because she had hard time coping with the abuse and all the stresses.

I ended up an introvert and wasn't like my father at all. All I am saying that sometimes we repeat patterns of a parent we liked better.

As a woman, men who womanize and go after all kinds of women for sex and even hookers, makes me sick.  Tiger hired expensive hookers, too.  What kind of role model does he make for younger people in this world?  And now this.  I just saw the video of the field sobriety test.  The heel to toe, he failed miserably.  I think he's very selfish and self-centered.  He only seems to care about Tiger.  He's hurt alot of people.  He really needs help. 

As a woman, men who womanize and go after all kinds of women for sex and even hookers, makes me sick.  Tiger hired expensive hookers, too.  What kind of role model does me make for younger people in this world?  And now this.  I just saw the video of the field sobriety test.  The heel to toe, he failed miserably.  I think he's very selfish and self-centered.  He only seems to care about Tiger.  He's hurt alot of people.  He really needs help.

This, I agree with 100%.

He was an only child.  I guess he never learned to play well with others.  My one friend's a golfer and he said other golfers don't like him because of the way he acts.  I don't even think he's a nice guy.  I would marry him for his money, though.  Ha!

I would marry him for his money, though.  Ha!

With a guy like him, you'd probably end up back on benzos :(. His ex-wife is in a way worse shape than she was when she married him.

I am really no fan of Tiger's, nor do I care much about golf, anyway. Not even defending what he did. The guy's going to get thrashed and ridiculed by all the media and tabloids anyway, so I don't want to add to it myself. I was merely curious what happened to him.  If you say that "Tiger's got a screw loose upstairs", doesn't that imply that he was kind of like that from the start? Maybe it was his father who put so much pressure on him to succeed that the young Tiger never had a chance to properly adjust as a person.

A lot of times, there are some deeply ingrained family patterns that get passed from one generation to another.

http://people.com/celebrity/report-dads-cheating-ways-tortured-tiger/

LF:

I think that's right. He never had a normal childhood. I recall watching him on Johnny Carson (a repeat) putting on stage when he was just 4. Now off to vacation so don't miss me guys! :smitten: