Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Chris Cornell gone at 52

[Na...]

His wife confirmed that he was on Ativan. I suspected it immediately. Jesus, the carnage benzos create never ends.

When I read the story with how he hung himself and then the ties to Ativan and talking to his wife on the phone sounding groggy I about lost it. So So sad and so fucked benzos had to even be in the mix. I am glad its getting attention but god what a great artist lost and a family left behind. Ill never forget the first time I heard Black hole Sun and was mind blown as a kid.

Yes, I am waxing nostalgic over those times as well. Beeing a teen and remembering when bands like Pixies, Jesus and Mary Chain, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Swervedriver, Ride, Lush, Catherine Wheel and all were just blowing all the 80's mainstream pop out of the water. It was one of the most refreshing times, musically.

I remember when Soundgarden opened for G&R way back when Guns were huge and on they're illusion tour. I think it was in Paris and Soundgarden had just released BadMotorFinger...........I remember saying to myself theses guys are amazing. Cornell was so humble and thankful for Guns inviting them. They were so different, so fresh and powerful. Not only was Chris a great songwriter but the rest of the band members are just amazing musicians

I remember when Soundgarden opened for G&R way back when Guns were huge and on they're illusion tour. I think it was in Paris and Soundgarden had just released BadMotorFinger...........I remember saying to myself theses guys are amazing. Cornell was so humble and thankful for Guns inviting them. They were so different, so fresh and powerful. Not only was Chris a great songwriter but the rest of the band members are just amazing musicians

The good die young, yet further proof that 'life sucks and then you die'!  Back in the 1980's I have a bumper sticker that said that, so did half of the USA back then:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...