Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Retaining fluid? anyone else?

[Me...]

Does anyone else feel like they are retaining a lot of water in their mid section? I kind of have it all over but mostly there.. I hate it. I am also having a hard time going number #1 in seems like takes effort and very little exiting sorry if this is TMI

Yes, this has been an ongoing symptom for me, but has gotten much better with time.  Belly, hands, face, and legs mostly.

[4f...]
Yes Meems. very much so. I haven't found a remedy for that yet. I wonder if it will ever go away? Anyone? I've had major gas as well. sorry if that's tmi. I hope we can deflate - whether it is water or air. But yes so much water retention around my tummy!

Thanks for responding you two... K I guess a couple of us have it.. Maybe others will come along also.

Yes Meems. very much so. I haven't found a remedy for that yet. I wonder if it will ever go away? Anyone? I've had major gas as well. sorry if that's tmi. I hope we can deflate - whether it is water or air. But yes so much water retention around my tummy!

Mine goes away completely now during windows, and is much less intense in waves.  It's frustrating, but I do think time is the only thing that really helps resolve this. Hang in there.

Oh boy yes...

* TMI coming up. Ignore if not applicable.

I have definitely found that diet has a huge impact on water retention and gas.

For me, it helped immediately cutting out dairy, that was a huge and instantly noticeable help with both symptoms.

I also started taking a good magnesium supplement and drinking dandelion tea - which is a natural diuretic.

Once a week, I have an Epsom Salt, Baking Soda (also known as Bicarbonate of Soda)  & Lavendar bath, which removes toxins and allows my body to efficiently get rid of water weight

Lastly, up those greens - cucumber, lettuce, salad greens and if you can, cut down on the carbs

All the best

x ATGNT

I also have water retention. Last night my daughter took me to Girls Night Out at our church. Well, it was a night out! The men served us dinner, then we saw a movie. I drank a glass of water before dinner and when we went to watch the movie, I felt I had to go, but nothing came out.

I finally went when I got home and then throughout the night. This will get better.

AllthegoodnamesTaken, what is a good magnesium supplement? I take Nature's Bounty magnesium that I purchase from the grocery store along with Vitamin D. Is there a better magnesium supplement? Where do you find Dandelion tea? Thanks!

Hi nightengale

The Nature's Bounty is a great supplement. I use Solgar products http://m.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/Magnesium-Citrate-Tablets.htm. I also use Solgar's GABA & L-Theanine supplements.

GABA: https://nootriment.com/gaba-benefits/

L-THEANINE: http://www.berkeleywellness.com/supplements/other-supplements/article/theanine-calmness-pill

Dandelion tea I get from Whole Foods, but I see it at most Wellness / Health stores. I buy the tea leaves and I have a tea strainer, sometimes I throw a chamomile tea bag in and a dash of honey if I feel like a comfort drink.

Glad to read you are taking Vitamin D  :) I didn't realize how much our body needs it until my Doc did blood tests and said i was Vitamin D deficient

Vitamin D benefits : http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/161618.php

Have a great day  :smitten: ATGNT

Swelling in my fingers has been most noticeable for me. It comes and goes. I've read this is also a common symptom, but it can get uncomfortable. Especially bc it makes my wedding ring super tight.

Allthegoodnamestaken, thanks for your response. I will check out whole foods and start drinking dandelion tea.

I just want to sleep without depending on anything in a pill form, yet I want to sleep. Last night, I napped on the sofa for about 45 minutes. I learned that after I started taking clonazepam, I could not nap in the evenings or I would not sleep at night. Well guess what! I slept almost all the way through. First time in forever.

I felt blessed.  Before bed, I drink a very small amount of sleepy time tea, ate a half of banana or less, also a 1/2 tsp of peanut butter (I cut out the whole grain slice or bread) and finally a 1/4 small juice glass of fat free milk. I then do some self hypnosis and acupressure points on my hand and read until I can't stop yawning. Then it's lights out.

I sometimes think that when I am finally free of Clonazepam, will I sleep? Hopefully my body will thank me for this and I will sleep very well.  Only time will tell.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Jo...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [ra...]
    • [2c...]
    • [an...]
    • [bi...]
    • [...]
    • [Re...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [El...]