Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How to have a living

[35...]

[35...]
I wanted to see people's recommendations for having an income during withdrawal? At the time of my prescription, I was a student but I am 44 and have no means to support myself or my son. Any recommendations would be well received.

I started an internet retail business while I was still fairly sick. It's still a challenge today even though I have improved some but I enjoy doing it and it offers a ton of flexibility so I can put in more hours when I feel better and fewer hours when I don't feel well.

I applied for and received Social Security disability in 2012 after I had a seizure at work and couldn't use my mind anymore.  I got it for Anxiety Disorder, but I was in tolerance withdrawal at the time and didn't even know it until after the fact.  I'm not able to work anymore.  My mind, brain and body are fried from getting off these damn pills.

[35...]
I'm sorry Becksblue...I need to try to apply myself though I know it takes forever. I can't think, function or do anything either.  :sick:

I applied online, it got denied, then I got myself a disability attorney who won my case for me.  I had a good judge, the lawyer told me.  Alot of it is luck.

• 3 weeks later...
If a person is able to post on this forum, this person would also be able to perform useful tasks for someone who would willing to pay for it.  Receiving a check for something you have done can be empowering.  It tells you that you have value, that your well has not run dry.  It may not be a lot but that's really not the issue.  It will empower you to reach higher, to do more, to be innovative, to break the cycle of self-pity and inaction.  The beauty of today's digital economy is that this can be done in your kitchen, in your underwear.  Just freaking do it, okay?

[35...]
I'm open to anything online...before this happened to me, I was in graduate school...before that I worked as a caseworker in mental health (ironically) so I'm no stranger to work...thx

• 4 weeks later...

If a person is able to post on this forum, this person would also be able to perform useful tasks for someone who would willing to pay for it.  Receiving a check for something you have done can be empowering.  It tells you that you have value, that your well has not run dry.  It may not be a lot but that's really not the issue.  It will empower you to reach higher, to do more, to be innovative, to break the cycle of self-pity and inaction.  The beauty of today's digital economy is that this can be done in your kitchen, in your underwear.  Just freaking do it, okay?

A bit harsh, PB? Some people cannot even get out of bed. And their minds don't work. Ever notice that some posts here make no sense? Or are filled with terrible grammar and typos so people would assume they have no brain, which could be the case for now. I am able to write a book from home, but I am doing well. Others not so............

[15...]
There are a number of companies that you can do customer service work for from home.  You need to be computer savvy and have a decent computer, high speed internet connection, and USB headset.  I've been doing it since I can't work outside my home.

[35...]
Thank you scrabblegirl...is there a way to find a reputable one; that isn't a scam....I know there are credible ones but I would probably find the ones that just take your money with my luck....Thank you again and that's great that you are able to do that.

[15...]

I'm not sure if it's permitted to give out names, but I currently work for Working Solutions and they are a very reputable company.  Teletech is another one I've worked for that is legit.

[35...]

Benzogirl- :)

Scrabblegirl-thank you; sorry, didn't mean to have you list it...so sorry but thanks so much; I'll take a look :thumbsup:

Hello dear,

I started my own online business of jewerly. I just work the time I feel ok from my home. Of course I can make a few extra bucks but it won't pay the rent. If you can do something, you can create your own online business in Instagram and Facebook. Also you can sell things on Ebay.

Hope you get better soon!

[35...]
Thank you latina...I'm glad you found a way for money. It's so debilitating; I pray something will come my way-thank you for the suggestions

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry for your difficulties with income.

Income has been a problem for me too. I am a student and I live with my boyfriend who doesn't have much income either. In the first months I had no income at all. This created a ton of extra anxiety and depression for me. Then I had a legal case and won back my job and had some money again. But I had to quit the job this month because it was nerve-wracking to see co-workers.

I get really angry when people tell me I must be able to work because I can also go outside and eat, I can have conversations. Yes I am able to do that, but work requires too much from me. I am not even keeping up with chores within my household... So one I am able to take care of myself I will start thinking about a normal job.

I earn my money on webcam. It's the least ideal situation but I really don't see another option for my income source. I already told myself that yes, this is something I could regret later. But still I rather do this that put myself into torture of having to work on a regular basis during withdrawal.

I was reading into starting my own webshop from home but right now this is mentally not feasible for me. I know I can do it once I get a little better, but now my brain feels too numb and stupid. I watched a few youtube videos about starting a webshop through Amazon. Maybe it is an idea for you. We don't have Amazon in the Netherlands like in the US. the video is called "She Makes $40,000 Per Month on Amazon at 23 Years Old - YouTube"

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that it is easy to start doing some business in fiverr.com in case someone can do something by using her/his computer. It is doable from home and administration is minimal. I also guess starting of the business is quite easy as they have 'become a seller' button so more or less need to think about what to do, and then click and go by advertizing what you do. I have used the service and typically paid 30-80$ of couple of hours work. I think 'masscustomizing is the key' so you need to have good templates to produce something and then you can tailored them very quickly when someone buys your service.

T.