Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taking responsibility !

[...]

It is hard to stomach when I or others are not accountable for their lives.

For me, this is the emerging realisation.

Blaming everything else on your problems is not the way to overcome them.

Someone once said to me " Live in the solution, not the problem". Easy to say but it is hard to do. It takes lots of practice and one should not expect themselves to be perfect at it. Another saying that fits too. "A work in progress".

Blue :smitten:

Hey Bluebell,

My sincere condolences for you loss. I applaud you for taking a positive attitude despite genuine difficult experience.

I believe it is the only way forward.

People like you give strength.

:thumbsup:  :smitten:

Hey Bluebell,

My sincere condolences for you loss. I applaud you for taking a positive attitude despite genuine difficult experience.

I believe it is the only way forward.

People like you give strength.

:thumbsup:  :smitten:

Thank you Lobo. It has been hard and I still have bad days. But I am a work in progress trying to make the best out of this life that has been given to me. God bless you.

Blue :smitten:

• 3 months later...

It is hard to stomach when I or others are not accountable for their lives.

For me, this is the emerging realisation.

Blaming everything else on your problems is not the way to overcome them.

Hi Lobo,

Something like: Follow "The Dalai Lama's three Rs:

Respect for self,

Respect for others,

Responsibility for all your actions."

I know His "Instructions for Life" by heart. They are my daily mantra.

PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) is quite a different thing. Holocaust and Nazi camps survivors suffered from it. You think they should have forgiven the Nazis for screwing up their lives?

My maternal grandfather was a WWII camp survivor. Five years in a Nazi concentration camp for soldiers. Tried to escape three times. At night. Through the barbed wire, through the fields. Nazis caught him each time. It's a miracle they didn't kill him. Was useful. Worked hard for them and sent money to his family. But he saw other soldiers go insane and commit suicide.

Finished uni after he got out of the camps. Got a decent job. Supported all the large family. But he had PTSD till the end. I listened to endless stories about the camp as a child. He lost all his money because of the war. Had to start all over from scratch.

Do you think he should have forgiven the Nazis?

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+damn+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5848/event.png[/img]

Hi Estee

Hope you feeling a little better.

I really do feel for you, as I have similar emotions.

I believe if you do not forgive those who hurt you, you ultimately submit to their control.

The problem with 'Nazis/abuse' is that it often results in the victim believing they deserve it.

You do not.

The only way you will feel better is to stop 'outsourcing' your emotional state.

The way you express your self is amazing and deep.

You don't need to hold on to any one thought or emotion for too long.

Across the globe and through the internet, I am projecting my appreciation for the person you are. (No matter how damaged.)