Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Musicians here?

[Li...]

i would say in the vain of Carole King, Laura Nyro, Joni Mitchell, Tori Amost and Sarah Maclaclan type of genres.

singer/songwritery stuff. like James Taylor. :)

This hard rock/metalhead has seen Tori Amos four times.  She is awesome live and has some great deep dark songs.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [At...]

• [co...]

• [Be...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say in the vain of Carole King, Laura Nyro, Joni Mitchell, Tori Amost and Sarah Maclaclan type of genres.

singer/songwritery stuff. like James Taylor. :)

This hard rock/metalhead has seen Tori Amos four times.  She is awesome live and has some great deep dark songs.

oh cool! she is my ultimate favorite and only missed one concert so far and i think she maybe coming here again and still not sure if i will be able to go. causing me deep anxiety.

hey, that last post you made: said the quote was from prettydaisys but i didn't make that post -- how did that happen?

here it is:

"Quote from: prettydaisys on July 01, 2017, 03:19:33 am

But today a gift for myself arrives. I bought a Squier Stratocaster. It is a cheap Fender brand.

So waiting for the delivery.

I have a couple friends who actually prefer the Squires over newer Fenders.

It's great that you are back into it."

hey, that last post you made: said the quote was from prettydaisys but i didn't make that post -- how did that happen?

That was probably my mistake when I was pulling the quote.

It looks like that I edited out the wrong author.  All fixed!

That was probably my mistake when I was pulling the quote.

It looks like that I edited out the wrong author.  All fixed!

okay, cool beans! :D

My father used to sing the heck out of Frank Sinatra and had all his albums.  I knew every word to every Frank Sinatra album when I was a kid just from being in the house when it was playing, which was nearly every day.  Always had music in the house.  I did play the clarinet as a youth.  Wanted to learn the sax, but that didn't last either. 

I did play the clarinet as a youth.  Wanted to learn the sax, but that didn't last either.

It's never too late to learn something.  Now you really don't even have to leave the house .  MANY pretty good YouTube tutorials.

For people with an iPad or iPhone, I just discovered the app Garageband. It is fun! Im learning to play a bit of drums. Just search for garageband tutorials on youtube and there is a lot of fun stuf. Great distraction!

You guys tell me about your musical loves.

Confused1,  What do you mean here?  Fave genres, bands, influences? 

You guys tell me about your musical loves.

Confused1,  What do you mean here?  Fave genres, bands, influences? 

All of the above. The o.p. asked about starting a band but it never went any further and the theme shifted, so I just thought maybe we could turn it into a different thread.

If everyone on this thread were to start a band what would they call it?  Who would play what instrument and who would and could sing? 

All of the above. The o.p. asked about starting a band but it never went any further and the theme shifted, so I just thought maybe we could turn it into a different thread.

Sure!  Another thread asking about peoples musical tastes and influences would be cool.

If everyone on this thread were to start a band what would they call it?  Who would play what instrument and who would and could sing? 

Wow, it would be difficult but fun, yes??!!

I love music.  In the last year and four months I have been learning to play the guitar, electric. I love it and find that is helps with healing and is a good distraction.  I use an app call Yousician.  I also play the piano.  My two sons are in a metal band so I have a lot of help, if I need it.

I am going to look at the garageband app that you suggested.

My two sons are in a metal band so I have a lot of help, if I need it.

Are your sons in a recording Metal band?

I've played metal my whole life. Fun stuff!

What's your favorite metal band? I was a Sabbath nut in my teenage years. The godfathers of heavy metal! I don't listen to it anymore although I still occasionally play Iron Man for my boys. They like it but think it came out as the soundtrack to the movie.  :D

That's a tough call!  I don't think that I have one fave metal/proto-metal band. The two that come to mind right off are Black Sabbath (Ozzy era) and Motorhead

It's not a big band.  They do their own recording. They have somebody else do the mastering, I believe. 

They practiced in my home for about eight years with lots of soundproofing on the walls. Now they have a studio. They record other bands and it's also used for band practices. 

I went to every one of their shows and have seen lots of metal music. Now one is about to go to medical school and the other just graduated with a mechanical engineering degree. They are not doing as much as they used to. They play melodic metal, prog metal.

What's your favorite metal band? I was a Sabbath nut in my teenage years. The godfathers of heavy metal! I don't listen to it anymore although I still

occasionally play Iron Man for my boys. They like it but think it came out as the soundtrack to the movie.  :D

I don't think I have a favorite.  I like Black Sabbath. I've seen them.  I like Metallica.

Iron Man was one of the first riffs that I learned on guitar and, of course, Smoke on the Water. :)

You must be a good guitarist. How long have you been playing?

40+ years. I'm ok. Our lead guitarist could have been something special if he could have overcome certain personal problems.

I forgot to say congrats on raising two fine young men!

i think this is one of the best songs of all time and i want to perform and record it.

here is one of the comments:

Holy fuckin shit they don't play songs like this anymore. I thought his voice was the guitar and then everyone's face melted off.

I see Marianne walk away

so damn good. :)

i think this is one of the best songs of all time and i want to perform and record it.

Holy fuckin shit they don't play songs like this anymore. I thought his voice was the guitar and then everyone's face melted off.

I see Marianne walk away

Make sure you post it after you record it seeing as how you eased us with the thought!!

I see Marianne walk away

Make sure you post it after you record it seeing as how you eased us with the thought!!

do you mean after i record "More Than a Feeling"?

i will post it my blog most likely.  :)

such a fantastic feeling listening to that song.

here is another song that kinda creates a good feeling that i heard the other night watching Grey's Anatomy.

i think the song is called "This is the way it is" but just have a youtube video of the Grey's Anatomy parts while the song is playing -- let me know what you think of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1rMOr5CynE

do you mean after i record "More Than a Feeling"?

i will post it my blog most likely.  :)

such a fantastic feeling listening to that song.

here is another song that kinda creates a good feeling that i heard the other night watching Grey's Anatomy.

i think the song is called "This is the way it is" but just have a youtube video of the Grey's Anatomy parts while the song is playing -- let me know what you think of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1rMOr5CynE

You have a blog with your original music on it?