Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I am not so happy at my current job

[Tr...]

I am working at this place almost seven years. For the past 2-3 years, I have not be too happy. I was still hold on to it because of many reasons: I am still taking classes, will finish next semester, the job is near my house, and probably the main reason was because the lack of confidence to go to another job. Now I am off benzo, I Feel much calmer and more confidence, and if my symptoms are gone I would look for another job right away. I am 9.5 months out. I know I need to be patience but sometimes things happened at the job making me want to leave as soon as I can. When I'm off benzo I feel more confidence but now I am still having fears of not good at managing anxiety and the new place.

Please advise. Should I wait until I get to the 18 months and start looking for a job? During a wave, I still suffer from dp/dr, heart discomfort, breathlessness, dizziness, and headache.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

I can not advise you about what to do; however, I can only speak for me.

Change is hard under the best of circumstances. So, for me personally...I would wait a bit longer in hopes of becoming more stable with less SX's.

Truth be told...I'm sure even if you changed jobs...it will spike your anxiety. This is normal, and once you become more familiar and comfortable with a new job...those SX's will lessen. It's so difficult to go to a job you do not enjoy. You will know when it is time to change.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide. Remember...this is all about what will be best for you, and your overall wellbeing.

Super happy for you....9.5mths out is *FANTASTIC*  :thumbsup:

FB  :highfive:

Hi Tracy,

I can not advise you about what to do; however, I can only speak for me.

Change is hard under the best of circumstances. So, for me personally...I would wait a bit longer in hopes of becoming more stable with less SX's.

Truth be told...I'm sure even if you changed jobs...it will spike your anxiety. This is normal, and once you become more familiar and comfortable with a new job...those SX's will lessen. It's so difficult to go to a job you do not enjoy. You will know when it is time to change.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide. Remember...this is all about what will be best for you, and your overall wellbeing.

Super happy for you....9.5mths out is *FANTASTIC*  :thumbsup:

FB  :highfive:

Hi FlutterByee,

Thank you so much for your input. I agree with you. I would wait a little longer when I am better. Yes, I agree my well being is the most important. If I am not healthy I can't do anything. Yes, going to the job everyday that you do not like is not easy. But I have done it for many years already, I can wait longer.

One thing is that my supervisor make my anxiety spikes up sometimes especially when I am in a wave. The longer I stay with this job I feel my confidence will not get better and it affects my anxiety also. The job itself is not hard. Its just the company's managing way making me feel anxious. They micro manage everything. I think its a very stressful place to work for, when they don't care about the the staff. Low pay and lack of disrespect for the staff.

Tracy

How long will it take before you finish your classes? Any chance of working from home for a while? I feel for you because I used to have one B****h of a boss. So glad I lost her. Also, I would wait and try to tough it out until your s/x are much better. There is always another job waiting. Getting a new job can be stressful. Just try to ignore those who bother you. Usually they are because they are cowards. And you're not. Best of luck.

Betsy :smitten: