Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Full body bloat?

[Ma...]

I have heard of benzo belly but has anyone noticed a full body bloat? Some days my legs feel so heavy and look swollen. As do my arms. I have to take my ring off some days because my fingers blow up. And today my neck feels huge. My doctor gave me a diuretic but not sure it's helping. I'm trying avoid junk food but it's hard when depressed. Just wondering if this water weight or what.

This was one of my first sxs in tolerance withdrawal, and It's still hanging on...mostly belly, face, and legs, BUT it goes away during windows, so I'm hopeful.  Awful symptom.  Sorry you've got it also. 

Sometimes my clothes will fit in the morning then they don't at night!!

Ugh, same here.  I find exercise helps to relieve it a bit...brisk walks and yoga. I get relief from acupuncture also, but short-lived.  Dandelion tea brings some relief also.  Hang in there. 

Yes I had the swell bloating belly legs back and thighs ..I looked stones heavier than my weight ..I lost the belly only at 22 Months (last month ) hence every other part was normal...I was slim again overnight ..It creeps up a little still by night but gone in a morning ... time is all that helped this like many others...Tass.

• 6 months later...

I have heard of benzo belly but has anyone noticed a full body bloat? Some days my legs feel so heavy and look swollen. As do my arms. I have to take my ring off some days because my fingers blow up. And today my neck feels huge. My doctor gave me a diuretic but not sure it's helping. I'm trying avoid junk food but it's hard when depressed. Just wondering if this water weight or what.

I have severe whole body bloating. Where ever I have skin I am retaining fluid. This is the most uncomfortable thing there is . I 'm beginning to think my liver is shot . I have had this for 4 months now. This and no sleep at all for months . I can deal with no sleep but I can't handle this fluid retention

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have full body bloat. I am 5 months in after cold turkey. I took at least 5 mg a day for 30 years. I have at least 35lbs of fluid in me . It is a brutal symptom . I got my labs back today and they are spot on so I know in my heart this is a w/s and it will go away. I am so freaking happy about my labs.I can't sleep and I can't move because of bloat.but I will out last this evil thing.

Yes, you're not alone.  One day I woke up and my face was swollen like a balloon, and so was the rest of my body.  I think full body bloat comes from lack of sleep, which produces slow metabolic processes, particularly in the liver.  While the diuretics help, please nurture your liver by eating light/healthy foods, drink plenty of water, and try to get some sleep if possible.  Liver is the organ that controls our puffiness/body swelling, so it's important to nurture it.  Sending you good vibes!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [mo...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [ra...]