Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Genetic Engineered Donuts?

[Be...]

Last night I was bad and ate a couple of Entenmann's donuts. I feel like crap today and I'm sure it's mostly because I'm in a wave after getting over the real flu. I thought I'd read the back of the donut box to look up all the ingredients, thinking I'd find loads of msg additives. Well I did and there were about 25 different chemical additives which most of them were probably msg.

On the bottom of the list in bold was "Partially Produced With Genetic Engineering". How the heck can that happen. Even donuts aren't safe anymore.

Becky  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
Ain't scientific progress great?  Already, kits are available for people to set up genetic engineering labs in their kitchens.  Stand by for fun!

Last night I was bad and ate a couple of Entenmann's donuts. I feel like crap today and I'm sure it's mostly because I'm in a wave after getting over the real flu. I thought I'd read the back of the donut box to look up all the ingredients, thinking I'd find loads of msg additives. Well I did and there were about 25 different chemical additives which most of them were probably msg.

On the bottom of the list in bold was "Partially Produced With Genetic Engineering". How the heck can that happen. Even donuts aren't safe anymore.

Is it a new way of labeling GMO wheat maybe?

Yes I think it might be that. When I first read it for a few seconds I was alarmed until my hubby mentioned GMO. I guess I never heard it called that.

Reminds me of a song by one of my fave bands, X-Ray Spex (thank you Polly Styrene)

GENETIC ENGINEERING

COULD CREATE THE PERFECT RACE

(COULD) CREATE AN UNKNOWN LIFE-FORCE

THAT COULD US EXTERMINATE

INTRODUCING WORKER CLONE

AS OUR SUBORDINATED SLAVE

HIS EXPERTISE PROFICIENCY

WILL SURELY DIG OUR GRAVE

IT'S SO VERY TEMPTING

WILL BIOLOGISTS RESIST

WHEN HE BECOMES THE CREATOR

WILL HE LET US EXIST

BIONIC MAN IS JUMPING

THROUGH THE TELEVISION SET

HE'S ABOUT TO MATERIALISE

AND GUESS WHO'S COMING NEXT

I purchased some Lance crackers recently and found out that all of their crackers have genetically engineered oil in them.  A good alternative to NON-GMO crackers is the Late July brand.  The are totally GMO-free.