Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Addiction problems in US Communities

[Be...]

There's so much press nowadays about addiction problems in my state and community.  What's going on in this country that addiction problems are epidemic now?  Is this problem worldwide? My state is spending millions of dollars to fight the problem with heroin and opioids.  Almost every night there is something on the news about it.  Is it our culture that says it's ok to take drugs now?  Is it because so many people are on prescription psyche meds now? 

• 2 weeks later...
Any free, affluent society that allows its values system to erode ends up in this situation.  A values system is analogous to a body's immune system.  Damage or destroy the immune system and the body becomes ill and dies.

Any free, affluent society that allows its values system to erode ends up in this situation.  A values system is analogous to a body's immune system.  Damage or destroy the immune system and the body becomes ill and dies.

I agree with this.

I think the idea that there is a pill for every ill hasn't helped the problem..  Many heroin users are reportedly former Oxy patients.. that cant get an Rx anymore.  I agree with the above statement too.

Too many drug commercials!! It makes it seem as if taking a pill will solve all your problems. We're hypnotized in a bad way. Then at the end there is always "ask your doctor."

When I was a kid we never had those drug commercials on TV.  I guess alot of kids are on drugs now, too, so people think it's ok to take drugs for every ache or pain.  Maybe so many pain meds have been prescribed that people are addicted and then the doc cuts them off and they have to get their fix someplace else--illegally?  I wonder if there's denial about how addictive and damaging the opioids really are and docs think you can get off those pills too with no problem?   

Too many drug commercials!! It makes it seem as if taking a pill will solve all your problems. We're hypnotized in a bad way. Then at the end there is always "ask your doctor."

Terry:

If I see just one more Lyrica or Abilify AD I think I will scream! Yes by all means ask your doctor. :crazy:

• 3 weeks later...