Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Eating Pork Creates Bad Dreams?

[Ca...]

Many years ago as a kid, i was told eating pork for dinner caused nightmares...

over the years i noticed a relevance, not just in myself, but talking to others...

Has anyone else come across this or wish to comfirm my speculation as to why..??

CT, that is an interesting thought, because I know that eating too close to bedtime had caused me to have the creepies when a tike, but one never knows for sure, and now with all the things that are added to our food, it is something to think about. But since I eat a lunch/dinner combo, I do not eat late at all, and trust me I eat a lot of pork. Jalapeno stir fry today in fact and on and on. I am sure others will chime in. Nice to have you here at BB. :thumbsup::smitten:

Awww Thanks BG... Now you made me hungry and its 4am...

One theory that was once put to me, was that it is a reaction deep in our DNA, to do with the similarities of pork and ourselves... kinda things nightmares are made of in itself...

Surely there must be a nicer explination than this, so im thinking of your thought, and the idea popped into my head that maybe its related to flight or fight... -as in no flight on a nice full belly... lol

Anyways i wonder if the dreams are a deterrent for some reason...???

Saving,

Thanks... -That would be a fair theory... I vaguely remember hearing that way back when... Perhaps in relation to joint inflammation, or maybe Gout... -not sure...

Thanks BG :)